to tell u the truth i am veryhappy digs is djing the tradational method.
Traktor appreciation thread
Collapse
X
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
Same thing could be said for digital artists, but no one considers them any less than a traditional paint and canvas artist. What Diggers does is play other peoples tunes, plain and simple. No arguing that. Could be off a record, cd or laptop even. What he is exceptional at is programming his nights and knowing when to drop the tunes, and that doesn't change no matter what format you're on.
here's a quote from Moldover I find appropriate at this moment in DJing history,
"You’re going to look back at the early 21st century and see a defining point that divided DJs into two distinct groups. You could call it the digital divide, but it will not be a question of who uses digital or not. That result is already clear: Go digital or find yourself with the dinosaurs. The digital divide will be between those who were and those who will be. First, you have the old vanguard that is adapting techniques and styles into the digital realm via digital training wheels courtesy of Serato Scratch and others. Then you have the new camp, which — with no emotional ties to a particular DJing paradigm — is literally throwing away the rulebook and reinventing the wheel."Piss off you phucking wanksters!Comment
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
Its only a moment of time before most electronic music will be live in the true sense of the word...i.e. a live creation of a 2, 3, 4 hour long musical composition that builds and peaks perfectly...I am so looking forward to that!The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
Habersham did something like that a few years back. He made a sample loop package for sale, can't remember were, and he made a mix just using all the samples.
Pretty nifty idea I thought at the time, even more relevant now a days.Piss off you phucking wanksters!Comment
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
excuse me do you own traktor?
this thread is about traktor bro , not a software vs.conventional djing thread, if you wanna have a discussion about that i suggest you click here for the carl craig thread on GYY.
consumate mixer on the laptop :what There I was thinking fuck this guy is amazing, and I kept telling my friend I haven't heard such great mixing in a while (besides Howells this year). The way the sounds were coming in was orgasmic. So I went up to see how many decks he was on. None, dude was using a
you can get a lot a good things out that thread .Comment
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
Was using Traktor with a Korg Zero 4... Just had to sell it though because my job pays shit...
Oh well I'll be taking a break from DJ'ing and focus on producing instead!Comment
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
and who would that be? Tiesto?
at any rate...I just went all out and got Traktor Scratch Pro. Just learning all of the different setup option...this is going to take a while to get up the learning curve.mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
excuse me do you own traktor?
this thread is about traktor bro , not a software vs.conventional djing thread, if you wanna have a discussion about that i suggest you click here for the carl craig thread on GYY.
consumate mixer on the laptop :what There I was thinking fuck this guy is amazing, and I kept telling my friend I haven't heard such great mixing in a while (besides Howells this year). The way the sounds were coming in was orgasmic. So I went up to see how many decks he was on. None, dude was using a
you can get a lot a good things out that thread .
Just went through that whole thread and there's so much I would like to add, but don't feel like bring it back after 5 months
= pPiss off you phucking wanksters!Comment
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
Then I guess you'll have to stop listening to him, since it seems that he's going to use Traktor going forward...mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
used Traktor Scratch for first time with my Technics decks last nite at a friend's graduation party. being able to use the decks' precision pitch controls with all my music at my fingertips was a nice feeling. the only weird thing was that I cought myself taking the time code records off the decks at the end of the transitions a couple of times haha. habits =)It comes from inside, just listen ...Comment
-
Re: Traktor appreciation thread
is the track sync function improved on traktor pro?
because i noticed on tracktor 3 the tracks will still run off slightlyComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment