If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
We're always talking about how the music is different these days and you can't compare, but come on. There is no way in hell any of today's tunes resonates like these ones. How many tracks today will still be remembered 5 years later?
I don't think it's even a debate about the music progressing and moving forward. I'd like to ask you guys how many recent tunes you've heard made this kinda lasting impression
I think these settle the old school vs new debate You can't possibly listen to these and think the new stuff have any emotional resonance. Sure the new stuff are mindfucks and vortices material, but I don't think they have mileage.
**This post brought to you by Sasha - GU 09 San Francisco.
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
The tracks you posted are all absolutely timeless! As for the question of recent tunes and how lasting of an impression they make...well I would have to say it's pretty rare that I hear something new that I actually care for a year or two or three years later.
yeah I completely agree. I realized that quite recently and decided to buy all the old tunes that got me into edm (no matter the genre) on vinyl. Good post
TheIdiotsAREWinning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
one of my all time fav choonz is Jam & Spoon - Stella (Nalin and Kane Remix)
[YOUTUBE]NsD9YpYZJS4[/YOUTUBE]
And another absolute classic from Jam & Spoon:
[YOUTUBE]O3Hu3_JCws8[/YOUTUBE]
(You can't fucking beat this, the track is a journey in itself.)
And another:
[YOUTUBE]mLUK1u6SjRQ[/YOUTUBE]
This would've been the equivalent of a mindfuck track back then Acciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
Everyone know's it's only a matter of time before this thread is filled with Oakenfold tracks, lets try to avoid "summer sun" "street with no name" and "seven cities" please or not?
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment