Tbh i don't understand this "politics" of artists. Why not? Are they scared someone will rip it off the set and play? Only village djs do that and they wouldn't buy their tracks anyway. If i had produced a good track i would be proud to have it played in set of one of the best djs in the world and not forbidding to post the set. If it isn't available in any shop it is still exclusive doesn't matter how many times you can hear it in sets.
2009.06.26 - Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai
Collapse
X
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
Tbh i don't understand this "politics" of artists. Why not? Are they scared someone will rip it off the set and play? Only village djs do that and they wouldn't buy their tracks anyway. If i had produced a good track i would be proud to have it played in set of one of the best djs in the world and not forbidding to post the set. If it isn't available in any shop it is still exclusive doesn't matter how many times you can hear it in sets. -
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
I see your point, I do really, but think of all the free music we get from these people, Guy J threw a fit for a leaked set and I won't even go into Danny Tenaglia.
I remember James Zabiela posting here and in other places to apologize for a low quality rip or Danny Howells sharing a set as a gift after a troll had attacked him over his RA Podcast.╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚Comment
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
I understand Nick´s point but the true is that there are hundreds of others sites where you can grab this mix anyway so.. Once is posted, theres nothing you can do about it.. Same thing happens with Frisky links imo..
"vision over visibility" Paul HewsonComment
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
^^^^ I would still want to know !! So I can choose not to download it. In this case I had downloaded it and sorry, but I'm not trashing it
But it stays with me rather than spreading it around as I probably would do normally.
I would be surprised if people didn't know where i stand on this issue now
But just in case
Just because other people don't have integrity doesn't mean we shouldn't either. I love that they take down illegally recorded sets on this site. The artist has the right to ask at anytime and they shouldn't have to justify themselves. Particularly when they ask nicely
And particularly the artists that actually do give us an amazing amount of free music.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
Good to see humour is alive and well on MS.
I just had a request to upload this set !! Made my day so far
Thanks.




The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
01. Paul Keeley - Paper Jet (Bart van Wissen Remix)
02. Antix - Box Of Birds
03. ID
04. Danny Howells - Psycotic Bump
05. Peter Juergens & Oliver Klein - What You want
06. Way Out West - Jupiter (Original Mix)
07. Way Out West - Ultra Voilet
08. Pole Folder - Hollow (Robert Babicz Remix)
09. Nine Divided - Transdimensional Gate
10. Charlie Dont Surf - A Thousand Leaves
11. Holden & Thompson - Nothing (Ad Brown Remix)
12. ID
13. Panoptic - Surface
14. Lank - Let It Roll (Chris Cargo Remix)
15. Guy J - Lamur (Henry Saiz Remix)
16. Jerome Sydenham - Destination Nagano (Joris Voorn Remix)
17. Humate - Love Stimulation (Radio Slave Full Length Vox Mix)
18. Humate - Love Stimulation (Tom Middleton Re-Model)
19. ID
20. 16 Bit Lolitas pres. Glowfield - Reefteef
21. Way Out West - Future Perfect
22. Klaxons - Golden Skans (? Remix)
23. Peter Horrevorts - Birth
24. Killahurtz - West On 27th St (A Tribe Called KHz Mix)
25. Robert Babicz - Dark Flower (Joris Voorn Magnolia Mix)
26. Way Out West - Spaceman (Robert Babicz Remix)Last edited by chunky; August 4, 2009, 12:55:05 AM.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
Thank you for that
I have NO idea but it sounds intriguing.Charlie Dont Surf - A Thousand Leaves
.╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚Comment
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
I'm agree with you, and its really sad to see how many DJs just simply ask for erase links for sets when this kind of sets are no exactly commercial releases, even if they have some advance or promotional and nice tunes. Exactly to what exclusivity are they referred to? I remember some set by Digweed and other by Seaman that contains a lot of still today unidentificable white labels that never were released. If they want exclusivity they must think to mix in the quiet of their homes and not in public, if they want to be really consecuent with their so call ethic. I think many of this sets can easy labeled in that category that some calls bootlegs, since its impossible to have an official release of that. So, I think I was lucky when I download this set. And I would like to know what would it happened if someone decided to upload it and put it for share in some other place outside this kind of forums? Who can stopt this?Tbh i don't understand this "politics" of artists. Why not? Are they scared someone will rip it off the set and play? Only village djs do that and they wouldn't buy their tracks anyway. If i had produced a good track i would be proud to have it played in set of one of the best djs in the world and not forbidding to post the set. If it isn't available in any shop it is still exclusive doesn't matter how many times you can hear it in sets.Comment
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
^^^ Nothing can stop them except hopefully their ethics and morals!! What an absolutely pathetic post !!!! What right have we got to demand they give us their work free??? You want to hear a club mix??? Well, PAY to go and hear it in the club !!
We complain about people leeching from here, well stealing a Dj's work is far worse !!
This case in particular, Nick was nice enough to give us a substitute mix !!.
If you really love the music perhaps you could respect the people who give us so much joy.!!! At least enough to follow their wishes in regard to their own work. Instead you want to steal from them !!!
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Nick Warren @ Fratelli, Dubai 6-26-2009
Here we go again^^^ Nothing can stop them except hopefully their ethics and morals!! What an absolutely pathetic post !!!! What right have we got to demand they give us their work free??? You want to hear a club mix??? Well, PAY to go and hear it in the club !!
We complain about people leeching from here, well stealing a Dj's work is far worse !!
This case in particular, Nick was nice enough to give us a substitute mix !!.
If you really love the music perhaps you could respect the people who give us so much joy.!!! At least enough to follow their wishes in regard to their own work. Instead you want to steal from them !!!
I agree with you Didi but jeesh
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment