Glad to say i was actually at this show.
Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04
Collapse
X
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
Glad to say i was actually at this show.
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
Eventually when I go up to my attic I might find it. I have been putting off going up there for a while. I'm on call this week so it wouldn't be until next week before I get up there. I don't want to get up there and then get paged and have to go back down 
But I will definitely look for it. I haven't forgotten though...Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
-
Re:
+1
Insane 12 hours worth! Arrived around 3am...main room was absolutely rammed. I remember it was so hot that the walls were heaving with sweat. Me & the mates had to take some time in the loft to cool off for a bit. Definitely a unforgetable night.
Comment
-
Re:
God i miss that place, Its hard to explain the vibe that place had to anyone that has never been there, I had so many great times and drives home to Jacksonville the next day at 1-2 pm in the afternoon.
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
I actually found this site doing a google search for Sasha - Independence Night. I Had this on cassette ( remember those?) back in the day which was copied off of a friend who copied it from someone else. So the quality sucked, but a great set nonetheless. The tape was eaten about 10 years ago, so it has been since then that Ive heard it...till now. Holy shit it brings me back. Thanks so much for posting !!!!!Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
From what i remember it was a huge event at the fairgrounds some where in orlando.Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
it was called zen fest the clubs and streets in gainesville would flood with freaks.
but yeah simons was very special my first time was halloween 99 then digs and van m in 2002 july 3....the ac broke that night they had all the doors wide open. digs last track was chem bros. afrikaComment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
http://www.sendspace.com/file/biqnli I searched here and couldn't find it. I get a feeling it's mislabelled. Hope not though. It's definitely from 1996. Hopefully someone can shed abit of light on this.... It's different to the Simons Independance Night.
Twilo 96
IN 96
Simons 96
Live @ Independence Nights, Simons, Gainesville, FL 7-4-96
93 minutes
01. Andrea Mendez - Bring Me Love (Mad Boy Dub)
02. ID
03. Housey Doingz - Curley Wurly
04. ID
05. ID
06. ID
07. N-Tribe - Phreakwave (pt1)
08. Sasha - Arkham Asylum (Original Mix)
09. Nu Colours - Special Kind of Lover (A&G Great Divide Dub III)
10. DJ Inertia vs Speedy - Hypnotica
11. Blue Amazon - And Then The Rain Falls
12. ID
13. Transa - Interphase
14. Pablo Gargano - Inside Your Mind (ID)
15. Future Breeze - Islamic Nights
16. Robert Miles - Red Zone (pt3) pt1
"DJ John Digweed"
78 minutes
"DJ Sasha"
17. Robert Miles - Red Zone (pt3) pt2
18. The Arc - Echobeach (Original Mix)
19. Allium - M.O.T. Venture (Hold Your Pillow)
20. S.N.S - Conflicts
21. Snap - Rame (Resistance D Remix)
22. U96 - Club Bizarre (Ken Doh Mix)
23. JP & Taylor - Digital Discourse
24. Paragliders - Share Of Bitterness (Peppermint Mix)
25. ID
26. ID
27. Reefa - Decadence (Scope Remix)
28. ID
29. Slacker - Flying (briefly)
-missing 12 to 15 minutes-
188 minutes
30. Amethyst - Futura
31. ID
32. ID
33. Castle Trancelot - The Gloom (Trance Dub)
34. Hong Kong Trash - Cactus Funk
35. ID
36. ID
37. ID
38. Andy Ling - Calling Angels
39. ID
40. ID
41. BBE - 7 Days & 1 Week
42. ID
43. Evolution - Your Love Is Calling
44. Digital Blondes - Antheum (Free Mix)
45. Ready For Dead - Ready For Dead (Ambient Mix)
46. Brother Grim - Radiate (Electroliners Remix)
47. Goldie vs Rabbit In The Moon - Inner City Life (Rabbit In The Moon Vocalic City Mix)
48. Delta Lady - Anything You Want (The Delta Belter Vocal Symphony)
49. Subliminal Cuts - Le Voie Le Soleil (Way Out West Dub Mix)
50. Yazz - Abandon Me (Ramp Vacancy Mix)
51. ID squelchy acidic trance
52. Nernon - Vernon's Wonderland
53. ID
54. ID
55. ID
56. ID
57. ID
I wish the first two orginal mixtapes hadn't been stolen. It would be much easier to listen to!
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
Is there nobody who can identify the track between
"Snap - Rame (Resistance D Remix)" and
"U96 - Club Bizarre (Ken Doh Mix)"



PLEASE, I would die for this monster tune
Comment
-
Re:
You said it mate! It was like a family reunion every weekend. We all knew each other & if you didn't, you would by the time you left. I really miss the so-called 'Golden Years' ('92-'95). Before the first remodel, when nobody knew about the place, & no one would tell you where it was. Ahhh...7am lockdown-open bar anyone?!?

Comment
-
Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version

Right the whole set is completley fucked up. I've got 4 tapes from Hambrecht labeled Simon's 27.05.1996. The last 3 hours of the set go's like this
Sasha & John Digweed - Live @ Simon's Gemini Party Gainesville Florida (27.05.1996)-
Part 1
01. ID
02. ID Siren Sound Fmale Voc "Thats How You See Me"
03. ID 18 mins Female Voc "Free To Be ???"
04. ID 21 mins
05. ID 26 mins Male Voc "Welcome"
06. ID 32 mins Male Voc "Afrika"
07. ID 36 mins Voc "Give A Little More" (TDV Classic)
08. ID 43 mins
09. Slacker - Flying
10. Tilt - My Spirit
11. ID (Acapella) "Good Evening All the People Of The Universe With Free Minds"
12. ID 64 mins Breaks
13. Chakra - I Am (John Digweed & Nick Muirs Bedrock Dream Dub)
14. Chakra - I Am (John Digweed & Nick Muirs Bedrock Mix)
15. ID 79 mins "Bring Me To The Ocean Take Me To The Sea Let Me Be Like Waves Of Motion Let Be Your Dream"
16. ID 80 mins Sounds Like A Slacker Track (also on part 2)
Part 2
01. Amethyst - Futura
02. ID
03. ID
04. Castle Trancelot - The Gloom (Trance Dub)
05. Hong Kong Trash - Cactus Funk
06. ID
07. ID
08. ID
09. Andy Ling - Calling Angels
10. ID
11. ID
12. BBE - 7 Days & 1 Week
13. Angeles - The Keeper
14. Evolution - Your Love Is Calling
Part 3
01. ?
02. ?
03. N-Tribe - Phreakwave (Part 1) [Le Petit Prince]
04. Sasha - Arkham Asylum [Deconstruction]
05. Nu Colours - Special Kind Of Lover (A&G Great Divide Dub III) [Wildcard]
06. DJ Inertia & Speedy - Hypnotica [Swell]
07. Blue Amazon - And Then The Rain Falls (S3)
08. ?
09. Transa - Interphase [Hook]
10. Pablo Gargano - Inside Your Mind (?) [Eve/Metropolitan]
11. Future Breeze - Islamic Nights [Le Petit Prince]
12. Robert Miles - Red Zone (Part 3) [DBX]
'Give it up for DJ John Digweed...On the decks right now, DJ Sarrrrsha!'
12. Robert Miles - Red Zone (Part 3) [DBX]
13. The Arc - Echobeach (Original Mix) [Pied Piper]
14. Allium - M.O.T. Venture (Hold The Pillow) [Movin' Melodies]
15. S'N'S - Conflicts [Deal]
16. Snap! - Rame (Resistance D Remix) [Arista]
17. Digital Blondes - Antheum (Free Mix) [Fluid UK]
18. Ready For Dead - Ready For Dead (Ambient Mix) [Limbo]
19. Brother Grim - Radiate (Electroliners Remix) [Sme]
20. Goldie vs. RITM - Inner City Life (RITM's Vocalic City Mix) [FFRR]
21. Delta Lady - Anything You Want (The Delta Belter Vocal Symphony) [Hard Hands]
22. Subliminal Cuts - Le Voie Le Soleil (Way Out West Dub Mix) [XL Promo]
23. Yazz - Abandon Me (Ramp Vacancy Mix) [WEA]
24. ID squelchy acidic trance
25. Vernon - Vernon's Wonderland
26. ID
27. ID
28. ID
29. ID
Digweed Mumbling At End "You've Got Two More Records Tonight...This Is One Of Em
30. ID
I'm also fairly sure the Independance night set is not from Independace Night at all and is part of this set and its unlikey Sasha & Digweed played the same 18 tracks in a row at the same club 6 weeks apart and Joe C came on the mic at the exact same time and said the exact same thing twice.
Independace Night set
01. Andrea Mendez - Bring Me Love (Mad Boy Dub)
02. ID
03. Housey Doingz - Curley Wurly
04. ID
split
05. ID
06. ID
07. N-Tribe - Phreakwave (pt 1)
08. Sasha - Arkham Asylum (Original Mix)
09. Nu Colours - Special Kind of Lover (A&G Great Divide Dub III)
10. DJ Inertia vs. Speedy - Hypnotica
11. Blue Amazon - And Then the Rain Falls (S3)
12. ID
13. Transa - Interphase
14. Robert Miles - Red Zone (pt 3) pt2
'Give it up for DJ John Digweed...On the decks right now, DJ Sarrrrsha!'
14. Robert Miles - Red Zone (pt 3) pt2
15. The Arc - Echobeach (Original Mix)
16. Allium - M.O.T. Venture (Hold Your Pillow)
17. S.N.S - Conflicts
18. Snap - Rame (Resistance D Remix)
I've ripped and am converting the next 3 hours. I will let you know how I get onLast edited by chunky; July 13, 2009, 02:28:53 PM.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
The copies I gave you were recorded from a tape deck that was connected to the system that night. Most of the other copies of this night that are floating around are from a DAT that mysteriously disappeared from a DAT player. There are probably sections on the tapes I gave you that very few have heard before.
This debate should end here. These recordings are from May 27, 1996 and they were recorded at Simon's in Gainesville, Florida for the annual Geminy Party. I was in the DJ booth most of the night and I was one of the last few people to leave the place at 10ish the next morning. i think I even have a picture of myself and Sasha from that night (not that that matters).
Thanks again for converting these! I am glad they can be shared!Comment
-
Re: Sasha & Digweed @ Simon's Independence Night 1996-07-04 full version
I've ripped and converted them I will listen to them in full today and upload them tomorrow
Yeah their are also 3 hours that han not been herd bafore & I have to work out where these tracks fit in
22. U96 - Club Bizarre (Ken Doh Mix)
23. JP & Taylor - Digital Discourse
24. Paragliders - Share Of Bitterness (Peppermint Mix)
25. ID
26. ID
27. Reefa - Decadence (Scope Remix)
28. ID
29. Slacker - Flying (briefly)
30. Amethyst - Futura
31. ID
32. ID
33. Castle Trancelot - The Gloom (Trance Dub)
34. Hong Kong Trash - Cactus Funk
35. ID
36. ID
37. ID
38. Andy Ling - Calling Angels
39. ID
40. ID
41. BBE - 7 Days & 1 Week
42. ID
43. Evolution - Your Love Is CallingOriginally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment