We only have a couple of days where we aren't at the concert, so I'd like to make the most of them. I have a few places in mind (Navy Pier, a couple of the parks, Science Museum, Sears tower), but if you have any cool attractions or good restaurants to check out, lets hear them! I'd really love to go for one good dinner and one good breakfast, as well.
Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
Collapse
X
-
Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
Lollapalooza is fast approaching, and just wanted to get you fine people's input as to what is worth checking out in Chi-town.
We only have a couple of days where we aren't at the concert, so I'd like to make the most of them. I have a few places in mind (Navy Pier, a couple of the parks, Science Museum, Sears tower), but if you have any cool attractions or good restaurants to check out, lets hear them! I'd really love to go for one good dinner and one good breakfast, as well.Tags: None -
Re: Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
Meli in Greek town is Awesome for breakfast. it is located on Halstead street in the 300 block also check out La Pasadita (spelling) it will be the best Burrito you ever had. it is the corner of ashland & MilwaukeeLollapalooza is fast approaching, and just wanted to get you fine people's input as to what is worth checking out in Chi-town.
We only have a couple of days where we aren't at the concert, so I'd like to make the most of them. I have a few places in mind (Navy Pier, a couple of the parks, Science Museum, Sears tower), but if you have any cool attractions or good restaurants to check out, lets hear them! I'd really love to go for one good dinner and one good breakfast, as well. -
Re: Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
I've been to Chicago once. My highlights were the Sears Tower, it's amazingly high. If you get a clear day, don't miss it. I am assuming by Science Museum you mean the Field Museum, which is probably the best natural history museum I've been to (and I've been to quite a few). I also enjoyed a boat tour of the river and lake which explained a lot of the architecture and famous buildings.PhilipComment
-
Re: Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
The Field Museum is a good recommendation if you have time and/or like science history museums.
The Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave area) is a great place to do some shopping. Lots of high end department stores, good restaurants, bars, and hotels.
Grant Park, where Lollapoloza takes place, is pretty cool in itself.
And Giordano's is a *must* if you like pizza. Their Chicago deep dish is imho the best pizza in the world. And they're located all over the city. this stuff is sooo good!!
Then there's also the famous 'Gramaphone Records' which might be worth a visit if you're in the mood for some vinyl. They're particularly known for their large collection of (Chicago) house records
Lollapoloza line-up is stellar this year. I had planned on going but will be out west over those dates for vacation. Have a great time tho!!Comment
-
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
sweet! thanks guys. ya we're planning on smart bar on the friday night...Ohm records 15 yr anniversary with Farina. There is no prog or tech that weekend, so that will have to do. Should be a fun night nonetheless!Comment
-
-
Re: Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
16 bit lolitas are at Spy bar that weekend as well.
you should check out www.ampprod.com the have a good list f shows that are happening in chicagoComment
-
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
on a bit of a side note...I was thinking of flying to Chicago to see Sasha and Hernan work at the house of blues and then I saw that the party finishes at 2 a.m.???? Is that normal in the US 22.00-02.00 WTF??? if those were the hours in Europe I would never go out.The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: Must-see-and-do in Chicago?
Sad but true... Most places shut down at 2am... A select few will stay open later, NYC, etc...Remember: You are never more than six days away from FRIDAY!!!
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment