Thanks for checkin' it out JPK! There's others in my sig if you'd like to check those out as well.
Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
Collapse
X
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
Thanks for checkin' it out JPK! There's others in my sig if you'd like to check those out as well.Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
Well hopefully I can record Friday nights set out at the Peacock Room. If I do you will hear it!
The thing with making sets for me is I never take it seriously, once I take it serious it's all over and I won't continue on with the set. I do them to make myself happy and to give me something fresh to play every couple of weeks. I do a set roughly every couple of weeks as I buy tracks twice a month. Listening to everyone else is cool, but being able to criticize myself on a mix is important to me as I use it to build upon.Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
+1...lol
Finally able to listen Jon! Really enjoyed this one! Some stellar & new-to-me tunes combined with excellent transitions!
Gonna have to listen again with the tracklist in front of me b/c there were a couple of tunes that were stuck in my head all day!
as always, thanks for sharing & keep em coming!!
- MichaelComment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
Appreciate it Michael! I have done a cuesheet if your interested? It cuts the last two tracks off because I edited it for a cd. Let me know.Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
Thanks ribbs! Appreciate it!Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
I play this a lot!
My favourite mix of yours Jon but more than that, i'd say it's my favourite of any ms member mixes. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone else either when i say that as many peoples' work here is of the highest standard.
Just think this is a magic sound which really, to me, is everything house music should be.
Depth, groove, variation - this one has it all but in a style that does the business, not to mention it's very well put together indeed.
Nice one JonComment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
I appreciate that. It means a lot and lets me know that people aren't just saying they are downloading but actually are and listening. I have to admit though that this mix is in my top 3 behind Misty and Intergalactic Domino. I don't feel it is exactly my best work but I think with every mix I do (whether I post it here or not) I get a little better. It's amazing after playing for all of this time I still learn new ways to do a mix and I think this mix had a lot of variety and a special groove to it that isn't present in other mixes. Thanks again Mike!Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
Hmmm - I'd probably say Intergalactik Domino was the one for me until this one, i thought that was a great set. For me, that one had a relentless quality to it which i liked - a kind of tension for want of a better word ??
I think this one shares that, but with a bit of added depth. Creating that tension with records a little more chilled / deep is harder imo but devastating when you pull it off - Quality
^^ indeedI don't feel it is exactly my best work but I think with every mix I do (whether I post it here or not) I get a little better. It's amazing after playing for all of this time I still learn new ways to do a mix and I think this mix had a lot of variety and a special groove to it that isn't present in other mixes.
cheers JonComment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
The thing (for me) with Intergalactic Domino was that it was a darker sound and if only listened to once you wouldn't get that feeling. But after listening to it a few times that sound starts to show up.
Misty to me was a deep yet uplifting sound, and was also my first mix in the Deep House genre. If I had not gotten hooked on BureOne's mixes I would have probably stayed in the progressive realm. I was never a big fan of Deep House, but I took a chance on Al's first mix (Midnight Express) and fell in love with the sound. He kept egging me on to post some mixes and I finally did and it was Misty and I never looked back. I have done one progressive mix in the past year and a half and although I enjoyed doing it, I felt I was missing that depth that I can create with Deep House. If you are interested in that set let me know and I will post it. But basically you can thank Al for this style as he was the one who introduced me to it.Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
Thanks again ribbs! Appreciate it.
Mutations presents Change The Music
Mutations (original show)
Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds
Comment
-
Re: Jon Zdanis - Wavesamples & Soul (7-16-2009)
Wow, good reviews! Will give this a listen. Thanks!It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment