he is doing that to let her know that he is still alive and out there for the 3 years or whatever it takes for his buddy to return back to earth. i dont think it was sappy b/c he didnt do all the stuff he did because 'omg i love her and will do anything to get her back' he did it to stay alive and also to help the aliens out who he began to feel for...
District 9 (2009)
Collapse
X
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
he is doing that to let her know that he is still alive and out there for the 3 years or whatever it takes for his buddy to return back to earth. i dont think it was sappy b/c he didnt do all the stuff he did because 'omg i love her and will do anything to get her back' he did it to stay alive and also to help the aliens out who he began to feel for... -
Re: District 9 (2009)
he is doing that to let her know that he is still alive and out there for the 3 years or whatever it takes for his buddy to return back to earth. i dont think it was sappy b/c he didnt do all the stuff he did because 'omg i love her and will do anything to get her back' he did it to stay alive and also to help the aliens out who he began to feel for...
I rest my casewww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
I do agree the end shot with him making the petal was a bit sappy, but I still think that is the one failing (if you consider it so) in the film.
At the same time, I remember the wife talking about 'gifts' and showing them to the camera at the beginning of the movie, and I didn't know what the hell she was on about since this was before the story developed, so that final scene helped to explain what she was saying.
Regardless of that sappy scene, come on, this is still the best sci-fi flick I've seen in a long time. The protagonist was very human and anti-hero, he was still being a self-serving prick when he betrayed the aliens, up to the point towards the end when he changed his mind.
The way it was shot was cool, the way it would cut to the CC TV to follow the action. And I thought the weapons had a real gritty feel to them.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
dont get me wrong, as I said the special effects were the saving grace of the movie and I totally dug them and the fight sequences. but why make the movie into a sappy affair rather than capitalize on what the movie really is.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
'Cos it's Hollywood I suppose.
The movie would've been fine finishing without the last scene but that might've left things on a downer.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
SPOILER - Spoiler warning - Mark text to read itthey were a downer with the sappy scene. they could've ended the movie showing a complete transformation of the guy (even psychologically) into one of the mindless prawns digging out cat food from trash cans. why save the mutation only on a physical scale and not make it complete? THAT imo would've been a fitting end to the movie. they could have left a watch or a tie on him when he's a prawn to show this was him as opposed to him sending subliminal messages via gifts to his ex wife. www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
I was expecting to not like this film but was really pleasantly surprised. Loved the style and art direction. Great editing and pacing. Good development. Maybe a tad sappy but contrasted well against all the violence/gore.
My one issue is that this is very signature Neil Blomkamp- if you look at all his other work it's basically all the same. I remember seeing his shorts years back and they're basically the same imprint as District9. The cuts to CCtv. Same dilapidated future scenarios. Hopefully he'll evolve into something more because theres clearly a lot of talent there.Comment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
Just come back from seeing the movie - and I was transported back into the 80's when i was a policeman in the townships, from riding in the back of the big Caspirs they used in the movie with shotguns, to waiting for the burning vehicles blocking the road and the first shots to ring out.
Loved the "local" favour, scenery recognised from flying over Johannesburg, typical township shanty towns, the uniforms worn by the "army" guys, the unspoilt language of a typical afrikaans guy down to the grasshopper shoes worn by wikus.
An i enjoyed the storyline right to the end.
Kamal - afrikaans men and woman are sappy to a faulty. When she shows the box with sea shells on it, I have been into many of my friends houses when husbands have made something similar and the wife keeps her jewelry in it and will bring it out proudly to show me. He got it right in the movie.
8.5/10
The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!Comment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
I shoulda watched the movie with ya brothaKamal - afrikaans men and woman are sappy to a faulty. When she shows the box with sea shells on it, I have been into many of my friends houses when husbands have made something similar and the wife keeps her jewelry in it and will bring it out proudly to show me. He got it right in the movie.
8.5/10www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
Just saw this - superb movie; enjoyed it way more than i expected.
I did not get a 'sappy' element to it at all.
A must see!....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
Re: District 9 (2009)
wow I just read some of my posts again, I did seem rather angry
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment