I really did not like this movie. First off I was hoping to be scared shitless but this was not the case and then once the entire premise was understood I wanted my money back.
Movie Review - "The Village"
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by M. Night ShyamalanThank you for your advice. Seeing as how you're a multi-million dollar film producer I should definitely heed what you say. Which film school did you graduate from again?A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Because having film school credentials and a fat bank balance immediately bestow legitimacy. The guy takes us all for suckers. He creates stricking "visuals," hear me "visuals" but that's it. "What film school did you graduate from?"...please that's kind of pathetic."Does anyone have any jumper cables?"Comment
-
Sorry "manboy" (if that is your real name). I quite enjoyed this. In fact I loved it! Does that make me a sucker? If so then sucker me up!Originally posted by manboyBecause having film school credentials and a fat bank balance immediately bestow legitimacy. The guy takes us all for suckers. He creates stricking "visuals," hear me "visuals" but that's it. "What film school did you graduate from?"...please that's kind of pathetic.Comment
-
Not immediately per se. There are plenty of film school graduates that come out and do nothing with their respective degrees/certifications.Originally posted by manboyBecause having film school credentials and a fat bank balance immediately bestow legitimacy.
Well, call me Linda Lovelace.The guy takes us all for suckers.
I completely disagree with you. Try watching his films with an open mind next time and forget about thinking you're going to be scared shitless, it's not going to happen. As much as I would like to avoid the cliche, his movies are truely onions. Go for it man, think a little, it will make the whole experience that much more enjoyable.He creates stricking "visuals," hear me "visuals" but that's it
What's more pathetic than that is the fact that you can't understand humor and sarcasm on a mesage board. Maybe that's why you can't understand the deeper meaning of films and are only able to take them at face value."What film school did you graduate from?"...please that's kind of pathetic.A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: Movie Review - "The Village"
This movie sucks and sucks and sucks..... I expected a movie with a lot of scary moments and thinks like that. What the hell do we get???? SHIT !!!Good music makes my day.Comment
-
Re: Movie Review - "The Village"
And why would you? Have any of his other moments been scary or full of scary moments? That was your problem to begin with.Originally posted by ted_turntableI expected a movie with a lot of scary momentsA good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Well Linda all I was saying is Shyamalan's films all follow the same structure. We are thrust into a world that looks like ours but isn't, we are lost for a bit (he hopes in awe and wonder which I was in The Sixth Sense but have not been since), then comes the almighty revelation to place the rest of the film in context. The formula cheapens his original vision makes his latest films look like parodys of the ones before them, as the storylines get flimsier and flimsier. How the hell could anyone afford to halt all flight paths over an area the size they were living on. Do you think that a $100 trillion dollar a year industry like Air Travel could be halted for the sake of a couple of omish with an axe to grind. Please. I enjoy a good deep emotionally affecting movie just as you do, accept I'm not willing to buy any narrative because the director happens to be lauded or I appreciated his previous films. I think Scorsese's brilliant but the movie Kundun was garbage. Get me?
and for sarcasm try this on for size. I really appreciated your reply. You are clearly an extreemly intelligent person who completely understands the nuances of human emotion reflected in that wonderful piece of opaque, deep cinema 'The Village'. You have the cerebral capacity to appreciate it on a level I can't comprehend. You are intelligent...intelligent...intelligent.
Intelligent.
"Does anyone have any jumper cables?"Comment
-
not my kind of movie, maybe i wasnt in mood, i will watch it again later....and that is scary, that you lived without technology, but you only get fooled by some ppl just for trying to keep you in the middle of the woods, damn....without internet damn....
https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.Comment
-
i liked some other movies from m. night, but this? This was really a terrible movie, you wait and wait for something to happen, you think it's coming.. but no, nothing. If you want to see it, wait 'till a friend rents it, or wait untill it's on tv.
3/10
greetzComment
-
well not all the movies are 100% hollywood movies you know
.......better look the house of wax :?
https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.Comment
-
Well Sharon, at least we can agree on that.Originally posted by manboyYou are clearly an extreemly intelligent person who completely understands the nuances of human emotion reflected in that wonderful piece of opaque, deep cinema 'The Village'. You have the cerebral capacity to appreciate it on a level I can't comprehend. You are intelligent...intelligent...intelligent..A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment