Yeah nice one - hope it goes well for you mate
Just got my first residency in London!
Collapse
X
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
finally calmed myself down from this one...
I was so pissed off...
What happened you ask?
I show up with my laptop...my cd case...some records and my traktor crap. I prepared a broad outline of what to play...i walk over to the bartender at like 8 in the evening and I am like "hi, i am supposed to play tonight in the downstairs lounge bit...is XYZ around?" and he goes "are you sure you are supposed to play downstairs?" and I am like "yeah" and he goes "downstairs is shut tonight" and I am like "what!?!...XYZ told me to come tonight...where is he?" and the guy is like he's talking to the head of security downstairs I'll try and get the other manager for you...so this coked up wanker comes and he spends about 15 minutes convincing me that I am crazy!!! He's like "I don't understand why he would tell you such a thing when downstairs is shut and even when its not its ussualy rented out and people book their own dj's" and I am like "what the fuck is wrong with you? are you like retarded or can you not understand english? What kind of set up have you got going on here anyway??? This is so fucking un profesional I fucking emailed the guy asking him to inform me if there were any problems about tonight and he didn't tell me anything!" I kept repeating "you are so unprofessional" lol anyway...i sat down to have a beer to calm down...when the fucker who fucked me walked past...and I like called him over and was like "dude what the fuck?" and he's like "I am sorry there must have been some kind of misunderstanding" and I am like "no, no misunderstanding...we spoke...about time, price, types of music, crowd and dates and then I show up and get this" and he's like "no, no we talked about potential" and I was like bubling with rage and my mate goes to me in russian "smash a bottle on the fuckers head" and I am like doing my best to calm down cuz i have all my stuff with me...so I ask him about the email and he's like "yeah, yeah I got it but it was blank...a blank email titled tonight"...so I looked at him and said "look whatever fuck it, it doesn't matter...this is not really how one does business but whatever..." so i picked up my beer and my stuff and left the establishment...
Not surprisngly i didn't hear from them again...I think the guy knew how close he was to having his aorta chewd on by two savage eastern europeans...so now I haven't touched my decks since due to being preocupied with work and I am pretty pissed about the whole episode...The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
sorry about not posting a set guys...and I am even more sorry for missing Digweeds gig for these wankers.The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
angry boy child ... now with added angry
sorry to hear that mucker, that SUCKS big time. shite way to treat people.....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
Wow, that is pretty wtf alright, sorry to hear that man, I was planning on sending a few of my friends who are living in London to hear you one night, but these things happen when it comes to club owners...anyway, good thing you have more important things to attend to at the moment, or else this would have been even a bigger bummer...plus, who knows, maybe they'll make it up to you by introducing you to an owner of a better club/bar, you never know...
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
I dont mean to be harsh but that wont be the last time it happens either Im afraid.
London venues have a habit of double booking nights/djs to increase the numbers on any given night
Good luck with the hunt - send me a pm with a mix though as we will have future slots available at my twisted audio parties Im sure
AndyComment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
Sorry to hear that Shpira, but like Andy says it won't be the last time so guess you just gotta take this one on the chin and maybe learn a bit from it.
I think you should have smelled something was wrong when the guy gave his name as "mr XYZ" - that sounds dodgy to me
Comment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
^^You're in fine form today!!
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
the chill out afterhour room???? great! it will turn to big party, I suppose... hehehe congrats!!!
It´s a spiritual thing!
feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/currentComment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
^^ sorry, I haven´t read tha page 2 of the thread... sad news, those guys are assholes, they think they are god cause they have a place where they can sniff some shit into their heads...
If that happened could be because that´s the way it should be... I like to think it that way... Maybe you didn´t realize you walked away from a big trouble...
my best wishes for the next time, I´m sure you´ll find serious people to make business with.
... and I´ll read the entire thread too
It´s a spiritual thing!
feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/currentComment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
Oh that sucks big time Shpira! Sorry that happened..but hey, doing a set at a Twisted Audio night would be super awesomeness. Good luck!!Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
Comment
-
Re: Just got my first residency in London!
Man, real sorry to hear about that shite. The wankers.
I know your head must be wrecked but try to put it behind you. I see Andy has offered a potential slot
Take him up on it, and of course, post the links when it comes your way.
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment