Anyone else used/own one. What were your opinions?
HTC Hero
Collapse
X
-
HTC Hero
Just got one of these when i renewed my contact. Loving it so far and actually prefer it to the iphone. Not as bulky although the interface is strange to get used to.
Anyone else used/own one. What were your opinions?Originally posted by Hoff
ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!!
thankyou
Tags: None -
Re: HTC Hero
I've got one, and I love it. Important tip -- there is a known issue with the messaging program that is supposed to be fixed in the next firmware update that results in the program running constantly, which drains your battery like crazy. There is a workaround for it, though -- download Handcent SMS and make that your default messaging app. Bonus: it's much better than the messaging program that comes with the Hero.
Other great apps:
Dolphin (to replace the default browser)
TasKiller Free (helps eliminate unnecessary background operations, which can slow performance)
ShopSavvy (barcode reader)
Cab4Me (very handy if you need to take cabs or travel a lot)
Ringdroid (on the fly custom ringtones)
Pandora
Google Sky Map (just download it and check it out -- amazing technology -
Comment
-
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
I have this phone as well and freakin' love it. For comparison, my wife got the other android phone on Sprint, and I far prefer the hero.It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
If the chat app is running ,will it show up in my task list? I don't see it there, but actually prefer the original one that comes with the phone to the handcent SMS, but my battery does seem to go awful quick.I've got one, and I love it. Important tip -- there is a known issue with the messaging program that is supposed to be fixed in the next firmware update that results in the program running constantly, which drains your battery like crazy. There is a workaround for it, though -- download Handcent SMS and make that your default messaging app. Bonus: it's much better than the messaging program that comes with the Hero.It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
I'm honestly not sure -- maybe it's that, like all of the apps, it continues to run in the background once it's been activated, and when it runs, it sucks down juice like crazy. Not sure if manually killing the task after each use would address the issue or not. I really like Hanscent, so it hasn't been an issue.Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
We actually did the same thing -- my wife has the Moment -- and I can see pros and cons to both of them. Hers seems a bit faster to me and the camera has a flash, but I really prefer the UI on the Hero...Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
I downloaded handcent sms and made it the default app but every time i received a message the message alert went off twice because both programs were getting the message, how do i stop that?Originally posted by Hoff
ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!!
thankyou
Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
hey toasty, thanks for the suggestions. i have an eris and that taskiller program made a huge difference in battery life.
a cool app is shazam for those who haven't heard of it. it recognizes almost any song being played even externally from the phone so if you like something playing on the radio, just put your phone up to it, use shazam and it'll give you all the details.Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
Right, i got fed up with the laggy-ness of the stock t-mobile ROM so i have rooted it and used the latest Modaco ROM as that was what everyone seemed to be going on about. What an improvement, phone is a lot more responsive, got loads more software on there as standard as uses a lot less memory aswell. Was a pain in the arse to do though, took about 4 hours messing around but now its done any future ROM upgrades are simple to do.Originally posted by Hoff
ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!!
thankyou
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment