Sooo, I think its time for me to start expoloring what all the fuss is about. I want to start the transition of going fully digital and mix completely off a laptop. The thing is: which software is the best?
I've seen a lot of Abelton users, but I've also seen some Saratto (sp) and even some Traktor sets. One of the key features these softwares offer, or at least from what I udnerstand of them, is the auto sync function. Some people view this as "cheating", and while I understand you are losing a basic component from the whole "DJing" aspect, the role and function of the DJ is constantly evolving and changing, as we all know.
My view is: if the big dogs can get away with it then damnit so can I.
So, does anyone have experience with any of these softwares? I can bet all of them have their pro's and con's but which one in your view is the best for live DJing?
- Which offers the "auto sync" feature?
- Can you loop parts of your tracks easily? How about on the fly (live)? Are they spot on perfect loops or do they tend to drift off when played?
- Would you still need an actual turntable to function properly or can you run it all off a MIDI controller and a mixer?
Regards


Comment