right on feather!
Shanghai
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Shanghai
There was actually a show on Shanghai Sunday night. Looks totally different to anything I imaged. Really interesting. Have you heard of Thames Town ??The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Shanghai
I work in advertising, specialising in online. Not only is China a culture shock on a personal level, the way people use the internet, or the advertising campaigns anyway, are a bit of a culture shock too.
What show are you referring to DD? Just googled Thames Town, not familiar with it at all. It looks like ... an area that has old English buildings? My office is in the French Concession Area so you do stumble across some European looking buildings. You'll see some in the pictures.
So these are my pictures from my first week, most of them are taken over 2 days because I live in the office































Larger sizes
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Shanghai
The show was actually a series where this english comedian went through China. Paul Merton ? I think. The last one is Shanghai. Thames Town is brand spanking new !! Built for Chinese Anglophiles. But hardly anyone lives ther because apparently as soon as the houses are used they go down in price. So people have bought them purely for investment purposes. The one family they did interview , the husband was English.The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Shanghai
the colour of the sky is strange... it's not cloudy... or grey...Comment
-
Re: Shanghai
The air here is perpetually shit but still breathable on street level. Though I've heard once you leave Shanghai and go somewhere like Australia, you appreciate the immediate difference. It might look worse in the pictures because I had adjusted exposure, etc.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
-
Re: Shanghai
Some random ...

Feiyue and Warrior are local shoe brands, like Dunlops. The shop didn't use plastic bags, this is how they let customers bring the shoes home.

Postman at the door to my building. I live in a tiny 2br using one of the bedrooms as a lounge. It's very very local, I'm not sure if you'll find my apartment appealing at all. I might move to a bigger or newer place later.


The Chinese hang their clothes to dry ...


and they hang them everywhere ... I'll take pics of them hanging clothes by the road soon.

The most common mode of transport.

I walk out to the street this way ... more clothes ...

this is where I exit to ... you can see more clothes on the left. So this whole area with the barrier is like some sort compound which my building is part of. It's an old neighbourhood, sorta like government housing I think.

Random sex shop 100m from my building and two old folks chatting infront of it. Haven't had the need to check out the shop yet.

Office ... little red box in the bottom right corner is the fire extinguisher, yeah wtf. My boss sits at the table at the end of the shot.

My desk with the headphones and a bag of tobacco ... no booth here

Random woman and her bike.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Shanghai
^ +10 These are thoroughly great photographs Feather... what kind of camera? really enjoyed the caps too, thx!
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Shanghai
do they have anything unique at Mcdonalds in Shanghai?
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Shanghai
Great pics
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Shanghai
how do you feel about living in china?
I think i'm gonna tell korea to fuck off in july and head to hong kong, taiwain or the mainland. not sure which one will have the best jobs, but it looks like i can get something in china pretty easily. I really want HK, but that's a long shot...Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment