not interested
GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
Collapse
X
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
not interestedThis is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...
-Chris
Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography -
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
This is not bad stuff. But I just keep questioning my ears as to whether I'm really hearing Carl Cox. This sounds closer to a Digweed album than a Coxy one. Where's the fast, enegertic, bumpin tech house/techno mastery I'm used to? Compared to his usual sound, this album is a drag. What I heard would do fine during hours 1-2 of a 4 hour Digweed set. Try again Coxy.Comment
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
It wasn't worth putting this out on CD when there are far better radio mixes out there. Its just a none cd, irrelevant and boringComment
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
Ive listened to CD 2 so far and I dig it. It does sound alot like a Diggers mix. Ive never really followed Carl Cox religiously but I may a little more now. I think this is a good move your ass album.Its just a feeling....gonna take you higher....Comment
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
I doubt it is a live mix as Carl Cox posted that the was working on a GU inspired from his recent gig at Burning Man. Unless you mean he recorded it in one go.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
I remember Carl Cox - Mixed Live: Crobar Nightclub, Chicago being pretty good.
This latest GU just doesn't have any hint of coxy's sound which I was really looking forward to which is fast, energetic tech house. Instead, it slower, darker paced prog that's grinding it out. It's almost like when Sandra Collins made the full switch from trance to prog and there was a major difference in style between her Tranceport and Cream CDs.Comment
-
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
Finally arrived today, don´t know why the post is taking so long this days.
Ok this is not as agressive as the old Carl Cox we´re used to but it definitely sounds like him. Maybe the people that think it sounds a bit like Digweed was because of the Lamur track on cd 1??
Just had my first listen and I was pretty satisfied nice to see GU getting back on track.Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cieloComment
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
THE reason this compilation is crap if this is true
it should sound like a CC mix
how many Digweed GU's have you thought, wow, this is good, it sounds just like so and so.. lol
this cd = another nail in the GU coffinComment
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
Ok, so I've never heard a Carl Cox compilation mix before but disc 1 has me bumping... haven't heard disc 2 yet. This thing sounds awesome LOUD with headphones on...definitely worth the moolah spent!
By reading some of the previous posts in this threads, sounds like I'm missing out on quite a bit.~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
-
Re: GU38 Carl Cox: Black Rock Desert
i've got a set from i think singapore that's just laid back house groovin'. nothing fast at all. pretty good if you ask me. Check out his set at Womb too for an idea.
Also, he did a hip-hop/rnb set at WMC last year, was curious if anyone knows if this was recorded and if so, where to find it?
EDIT
listening to the samples on the GU site for the first time - it's definitely sounding like Coxy as of recent. Some of his live sets at festivals are more banging of course, but the club sets are a bit different.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kfuQNRlAg[/YOUTUBE]
(some cool remix of Around The World)
need a track ID on this first opening track
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYL_iqtME5k[/YOUTUBE]you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,519
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.




Comment