If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
i don't know the vci-300... all i can tell is that it does have the connections you do need for controller-only djing. it will probably work with most of the software, too.
one advantage of the audio 4 dj would be: you can upgrade to traktor scratch duo later on, at least as far as i know. to put this straight: i suppose the vci-300 will work with traktor too, but you won't get the scratch features, i.e. timecode control.
Sooner or later you will find out that the VCI-300 will be limiting you.
I would agree with the above (VCI-100 + soundcard with timecoding capabilities), so that you can use everything, spending the lowest budget.
Since you cannot afford an Xone:4D (and I can totally understand you on that as the cost is 3x times more than the VCI+soundcard combo), then I think it's the best and most wise solution. However I would suggest to get the Audio DJ8 instead of the Audio DJ4, as you may be in need of these extra I/Os it offers.
its just seems a bit messy with the headphones attached to the sound card.
at the end of the day i wont be getting timecodes. if and when i go and get my decks the plan is so i can use my old vinyl. i'll probably put it all in digital format anyway.
its just seems a bit messy with the headphones attached to the sound card.
at the end of the day i wont be getting timecodes. if and when i go and get my decks the plan is so i can use my old vinyl. i'll probably put it all in digital format anyway.
has anyone got a a vci 100?
what kind of setup are you using?
lol, no you won't.. I've been saying that for years as well as every other dj I know personally.. it sounds like a great idea, but time consuming and monotonous.. then you've got make sure it's a clean recording or else it's useless
its just seems a bit messy with the headphones attached to the sound card.
at the end of the day i wont be getting timecodes. if and when i go and get my decks the plan is so i can use my old vinyl. i'll probably put it all in digital format anyway.
has anyone got a a vci 100?
what kind of setup are you using?
Do you pay attention to my replies or not? I have the feeling that everything is explained in every detail.
As already replied to your initial thread start since September, I was the owner of a VCI-100 and I was using it combined with a soundcard and a mixer (apart from my decks and for specific mobile setups only).
You claim that the headphone out from the soundcard is messy to use, you don't want to spend lots of money (well I can understand that) and you still are in search of it since September (7 months ago).
I cannot really understand if you try to find a solution, or just to talk about it for no reason you still confuse me on that.
Anyway. If you still find the soundcard headphone out messy, the last solution to this could be to get a cheap mixer with a built in soundcard, so that you can use the 2 (or 4) decks from the VCI with Traktor and by also getting the headphone out from the mixer.
Honestly I cannot help you anymore, I really cannot understand your purpose after all...
I have paid attention to your replies. There is no need to get shirty about it!
yes this has been going on since september because i had a change of heart and wasnt sure if i had the time for it. the misses piped up and said she'd get it for my birthday, so before she shells out a fair bit of cash i wanted to be sure on what i was getting.
tbh with you i am pretty set on what i want thanks to everyones advice. the only thing i didnt like was the whole headphones attaching to the soundcard, more for the amount of cables i've already got allover the place, but i can live with that. i still dont get exactly what connects to what and how, but i'm sure i can figure that out.
as i have explained one day i hope to reclaim my decks form the uk and all i was trying to understand was how i could add it into/ expand a digital setup.
I am looking for a dj program for a mac that will allow me to play songs directly from an external hard drive rather than copying all the music to the hard disk on the laptop...any suggestions? does serato do this?
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment