Cant wait
We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
Collapse
X
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
There were a couple of not quite positive earlier postsYeah I kinda know what you mean but I think its just the hype of the whole night out...the atmosphere and the crowd...+ you know that he's gonna tear you a new one so you@re all excited about that as well
Cattaneo is one dj that I can say never let me down.
not sure what was this post in response to but believe you me there is no need to sell this CD it will sell itself (on this board at least)
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
it was a response to the post someone mad about how they were over all the remixes and edits on comps these days actually. i just couldn't figure out the quote function on account of me being such a technophobe!Comment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
I can see where marcus james is coming from, but then this whole 'edits to make a comp' will also become another boat that's sailed just like sourcing for white labels 10 months before release. To a noob like me who's not familiar with the tracks, I can't tell the difference anyway. As long as it's good music that flows.
I remember a time when comps were mixed on decks and you could hear tracks being mixed in or friends who DJ would marvel at how the mix was done. Not anymore though, everything's either put together on a computer or a convenient edit to make the mix smoother.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
it's a good debate this and one i am happy to hear more thoughts on. feedback's always welcome, positive or negative...
feather - if the editing makes a mix better, smoother, call it what you will, doesn't that make for an improved listen / album? to be fair, there have been very, very few comps' mixed on anything other than a computer for the past 8-10 years.Comment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
I agree, nowadays if you want to sell a compilation you must differentiate it from the endless quantity of live and studio sets available in the web. Editing and remixing are one of the ways in which djs are putting some effort into compilations...it's a good debate this and one i am happy to hear more thoughts on. feedback's always welcome, positive or negative...
feather - if the editing makes a mix better, smoother, call it what you will, doesn't that make for an improved listen / album? to be fair, there have been very, very few comps' mixed on anything other than a computer for the past 8-10 years.NicomaxComment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
Weren't some of Howells early mix CD's all mixed on decks live? They have stood the test of time.
As long as the tunes are good then I'm not that bothered! Seems to me though that people put too much thought into the editing, mixing etc and forget that the actual music has to sound decent e.g. Involver 2 (which I thought was a little over-indulgent)Comment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
agree with this ^^^Weren't some of Howells early mix CD's all mixed on decks live? They have stood the test of time.
As long as the tunes are good then I'm not that bothered! Seems to me though that people put too much thought into the editing, mixing etc and forget that the actual music has to sound decent e.g. Involver 2 (which I thought was a little over-indulgent)Comment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
^^^ Me too!!The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
Seeing him tomorrow night and friday night after lots of hassles for him to get here!!The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
^ I hate you
and wish i was with you
all at the same time (such conflicted emotions)
You are so luck for being in the southern hemisphere.
I don't think he knows where South Africa is
The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!Comment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
Can't say I like the cover. The last thing I want to think about when I'm at home listening to music, pilled up and trippin is a Cobra
Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
Hernan Cattaneo presents another exciting chapter in the Renaissance Masters Series with a brand new approach…
Hernan’s return to the Masters Series in 2010 brings with it an exciting new development. This year the ever-creative South American has slowed things down to present a distinctly cosmic disco-esque take on his inimitable sound.
“I felt it was time we took a fresh direction,” says Hernan, “But, although it was always going to be alternate, I wasn’t sure just what this direction should be. So, I locked myself away and started going through loads of music for inspiration. It wasn’t till I pitched a Henry Saiz tra
ck down (and it sounded brilliant) that I hit upon the idea of dropping everything back 15-20 BPMs on the first disc.”
Entitled ‘Day’, disc one is a beautiful, shimmering ride through Cattaneo’s audio world, its musical style the perfect antithesis of two’s club-inspired ‘Night’. But what’s all the more remarkable is how he’s also managed to work five (out of a whopping eleven) original productions, remixes and edits into the mix - no mean feat considering the unique nature of the material. “I know there’s a big debate amongst dance music fans about exclusives on compilations right now, but for me it’s a purely positive objective. Just as with the alternate style of the ‘Day’ mix, it’s another way of distinguishing the album from a live club set, a statement to the fact a lot more effort has gone into the project as whole,” he challenges. “I’ll not deny working outside of the traditional comfort zone of 125 (approx) BPM was easy, but between commissioning tracks from some of my favourite producers / friends, using or adapting my own productions and sourcing some amazing music (like the fantastic Sigur Ros track that closes the ‘Day’ mix – it’s such a great song!), I think it came together really well.”
Although ‘Night’ finds Hernan in more familiar territory, it draws upon the remaining six exclusives to ensure his fresh authorship and feel of the mix continues throughout, and comes backed by tantilising gems from likes of Way Out West, Henry Saiz, Quivver and Tone Depth, to name but a few.
Renaissance: The Masters Series – Hernan Cattaneo, Parallel – is out July 5th
Further info: renaissance.dj, hernancattaneo.com
Disc One – Day
01. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile – Indian Son / Slacker – See The World (Hernan’s Dawn Reboot)
02. Marc Marzenit Pres. Divine Elements - Saint Two
03. Hernán Cattáneo & John Tonks - One 0 Five
04. Martin Garcia - Galileo Was Right
05. Martin Garcia - Specific Impulse
06. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile - Blacklight (Day Mix)
07. Múm - The Ballad Of The Broken Birdie Records (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Edit)
08. Mercurio – Acoustic
09. Jean F. Cochois - Like A Poison Snake
10. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile Feat. Tomomi Ukumori - Cripsis (Day mix)
11. Guy J - Dust (Into Dust Mix)
12. Henry Saiz - We are All ( Henry Saiz Earth´s Pulse Version)
13. Idioma - Landscape (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Rework)
14. Mercurio – Beautiful
15. Sigur Ros - Svefn-G-Englar
Disc Two – Night
01. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile - Blacklight (Night mix)
02. Hernán Cattáneo & John Tonks - July (Manuel Sofia Remix)
03. Way Out West – Ultra Violet (Guy J Remix)
04. Tone Depth – Rumblefish (Diyo Remix)
05. Henry Saiz –The Rider
06. Tonnsaied - Seven Seventy
07. Alex.47 - Eggsperience (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Mix 1)
08. Alex.47 - Eggsperience (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Mix 2)
09. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile - Cripsis (Night Mix)
10. Fefo & Dario Arcas - Take Me Away
11. Billy Dalessandro - Your Touch (Alexander Kowalski Remix)
12. Future Beat Alliance - Crying Sine
13. Quivver - Boom Boom
14. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile – Teleport
15. Manuel Sofia - An Endless Forest
16. Diyo – Underlight
Italics denotes a HC album exclusiveOriginally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: We are getting a new comp From Hernan !!!
I think I mite buy this one. That August set of his was the best thing I heard last year. I wonder if he will be doing a Renaissance gig at CableOriginally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,522
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment