Ricardo is behind the beatport tent
Demf 2010
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Demf 2010
Well if you are correct than a lot of us will probably end up eating crow, as I know he was the main reason....other than Hawtin for me wanting to go there.Comment
-
-
Re: Demf 2010
Great night, great demf
Derek Carter was amazing and hawtin absolutely destroyed it. Will post some photos later.Comment
-
-
Comment
-
Re: Demf 2010
I'm not even a huge Richie fan--but he absolutely tore up the festival as plastikman on Saturday & as himself last night. And as you probably know, I'm not a big minimal fan.
Anyways, I'm back home now. Had to cut out one day early as I have to go out of town tomorrow for work. All in all great festival, DEMF is truly something special.Comment
-
Re: Demf 2010
whew... I'm at hour 36 without sleep, and I'm finally throwing in the towel. Here's a couple more photos
The whole festival

Old Miami. The party started at 7am, and I showed up at about 10am. This is the reason nobody got any sleep on Monday. Nearly every DJ that played at a party in Detroit over this week could be found walking around this party at 10am.

Rob Hood destroying the Made in Miami stage... this place is basically just an underground concrete bunker.

Red Bull stage - Booka Shade
Comment
-
Re: Demf 2010
There are no words or pictures that could describe how amazing DEMF 2010 was.
there were a lot stunning moments and just absolute euphoria.
Richie Hawtin is back! Plastikman Live had a production value equlivent to NIN and as a Dj he completely surprised me with his set. No more constant artificial buildup and breakdown but a well put together groovy set. knocked it out of the park.
moritz von oswald trio was an incridble life performance, with the exception of an 10 minute power outage. took a while to get people back on the track they were taking.
Also having some of the best known and respected house tunes perfomed lived by Inner city was life changing. Good Love, Black water, rock to beat etc..
last but not least that really did it for me was seeing Dop. live it was unlike any performance i have even seen. im sure videos will surface soon.
loved jamie jones set as well.
The afterparties
i love you but ive chosen techno at the works was amazing. Konrad Black playd the best dj set, then dj Three, Bruno pronsato and Seth Troxler
TV bar had the best vibe i spend about 30 hours there which just flew by.
both at Shit show and Resolute best sets: Camea and Alexi Delano. Dario zenker, Soulclap, Kate Simko.
(did not go to the boat party, heard it was lame)
i love Detroit, i love the people, just so nice and so hospitable (best Cab drives ever)
and big thanks to Paxahaubreath deepComment
-
Re: Demf 2010
Saw Martyn´s set @Red Bull Stage on video yesterday... blody amazing! Shame it was only 1h30m, though...Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Demf 2010
btw, it wasn't Ricardo. It was Masomenos
From a distance, and with a crowd's hands and heads bouncing in the way, they look the same. It wasn't until he showed up to Old Miami that I realized it wasn't Ricardo.Comment
-
Re: Demf 2010
Glad everyone had a great time
sigpic
RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Comment
-
Re: Demf 2010
So I just read ethrough all five pages and I'm stunned. I'm not all that into techno (well, kinda, but not the minimal stuff), but this DEMF looks sick sick sick. It seems people are more enthusiastic about this than they were the WMC.
Man, next year, I think i'm gonna try to hit this up.you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment