By far, my favorite mix of all time!!! Anyone have suggestions for a similar sounding mix?
[Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
Collapse
X
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
Good times, he could loop what he wants when he wants.... Why? Cus he can!!
Comment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
Great mix. Does anyone have his previous essential mix from global gathering?Comment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
I wasn't aware he had another EM from Global Gathering?
I think this is my favourite Digweed set of all time; I could write an essay on it320 requesterComment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
You know a lot of people agree with you, and also did not care for Fabric 20 that year either...
I thought it was easily one of his best ever, looking forward to this, thanks for the reminder whoever bumped.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
its actually a bit of a pity about the electro scene, back then it was actually quite good at one stage. It really got destroyed since the commercial people out there took it and just abused the sound, raped it from its originality and totally fucked it up with cheesy vocals, and sounds that make you cringe.Comment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
^^Agreed. But this and Fabric20 are the only two sets i can listen to from Diggers myself from that year.Comment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
There was nothing good about electro in 2004-2005 imo, it was utter garbage, even that S&D Southfest 2005 set that everyone carries on about was rubbish. That last hour or so was decent but can't get through the first 20 minutes. Sasha @ Axis 2005 only set i got from the heavy hitters in 2005. A dark, dark year. My 2 cents.its actually a bit of a pity about the electro scene, back then it was actually quite good at one stage. It really got destroyed since the commercial people out there took it and just abused the sound, raped it from its originality and totally fucked it up with cheesy vocals, and sounds that make you cringe.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
I tend to believe there actually was a legitimate time and place for this vintage electro John was spinning in '04 -'05.. I think fabric 20 showcased his unique ability to once again lay down select tracks that when mixed together became masterful...at the time it felt cutting edge.There was nothing good about electro in 2004-2005 imo, it was utter garbage, even that S&D Southfest 2005 set that everyone carries on about was rubbish. That last hour or so was decent but can't get through the first 20 minutes. Sasha @ Axis 2005 only set i got from the heavy hitters in 2005. A dark, dark year. My 2 cents.
I distinctly remember listening to Fab 20 for the first time and just getting what he was trying to do...I played the sh*t out of that cd
In hindsight was it just a passing trend, sure, but thats progressive house, right?
I think on a whole, electro drew a lot of attention to electronic music, which Southfest in a sense, sort of showcased, at lease in their video...you can't say you were not pumped the first time you watched it with the crowd in the pouring rain, lol
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
I'm still waiting for the DVD to be released!
I think that video has to be the most-watched one of S&D's on youtube. What a tease; when the rain came - what a moment!
320 requesterComment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
I've finalised the tracklist:

John Digweed : Essential Mix - Global Gathering (Bedrock Arena) 31-July-2005
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I61VEQI8
01. Bedrock - Santiago [Bedrock Records | BED60]
02. John Dahlbäck - Prankster [Electribe Records | electribe022]
03. El Presidente - Without You (Infusion 117 Stomping Dub) [One Records | ELPRES003]
04. DJ Phunk - Phun & Phunky [Dirty Club Records | 9REC 008]
05. Mono - Let's Go [Re« «Wind | RW 02.05]
06. Gutterstylz - Dirtbox [Bedrock Records | BED 62]
07. Tronic Inc. - Beloved [Kitschy | KR003]
08. Pryda - Aftermath [Pryda Recordings | PRYDA004]
09. Angel Moon - Irregular Peace [Black Moon | BLS01]


Last edited by simonr; July 23, 2010, 04:54:45 PM.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
Close.
Track 5 is Mono "Let's go". Nice pictures!
I'm so familiar with this set now I can only really listen to it blazing drunk/when I'm at the gym. Fortunately there's never an "and" between those two situations, as that could be dangerous for all concerned.320 requesterComment
-
Re: [Request] Digweed's set from Godskithen Global Gathering 2005
hell yeah! i listen to this at the gym too! (that's why i was trying to find it before lol)you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment