The Walking Dead, full on zombie awesomeness. Can't wait for the tv series, check out the trailer: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/...-dead-trailer/
Give me good comics to read!
Collapse
X
-
Re: Give me good comics to read!
The Walking Dead, full on zombie awesomeness. Can't wait for the tv series, check out the trailer: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/...-dead-trailer/Last edited by highdesert; August 27, 2010, 10:18:14 PM. -
Re: Give me good comics to read!
Wow good haul, that Walking Dead compedium is a monster.
One caveat about Sandman, don't be turned off by the art. It might feel very 'old' compared to styles and colouring techniques employed today. And IIRC Gaiman also said in an interview it took a few issues for him to hit his stride. So the early few issues were an exploration of genres like horror, superhero, etc, to see what he could do with the Sandman.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Give me good comics to read!
You should try this comic res0, they have some great story's about suicide bombers to
Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: Give me good comics to read!
Yeah that Walking Dead book cost me my ass but it should be sweet, that damn thing is a killer! Thanks for the info about Sandman, I will give each series at least one TPB before I pass any judgment, its like watching the first season of Family Guy or the Simpsons, you can tell it's old but just wait for it...Wow good haul, that Walking Dead compedium is a monster.
One caveat about Sandman, don't be turned off by the art. It might feel very 'old' compared to styles and colouring techniques employed today. And IIRC Gaiman also said in an interview it took a few issues for him to hit his stride. So the early few issues were an exploration of genres like horror, superhero, etc, to see what he could do with the Sandman.Comment
-

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Give me good comics to read!
Apparently Locke and Key and also The Sandman are rumored being made into tv series
I was going to pick up Locke and Key but it was hardbound only, I guess no softcovers are out yet. Since I bought a ton of stuff already that day as seen above I don't own that yet to check it out.Comment
-
Re: Give me good comics to read!
Hmmmm I shudder to think what they might do to the SandmanApparently Locke and Key and also The Sandman are rumored being made into tv series
I was going to pick up Locke and Key but it was hardbound only, I guess no softcovers are out yet. Since I bought a ton of stuff already that day as seen above I don't own that yet to check it out.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Give me good comics to read!
Look for Greg Rucka's Queen & Country collections. Amazing spy / espionage stuff. Shame he's not doing it anymore. Also Hellboy - wonderfully dark and pulpy with a sense of humour.
Eric Powell's The Goon is brilliant. Former hired thug protects town from Zombie hordes. Damn funny stuff.
Worth checking out some of the many 2000ad collections. Judge Dredd, ABC Warriors, Strontium Dog and Nikolai Dante are the obvious stuff. I believe the first collection of Zombo is imminent. Well worth reading - nasty, funny and brilliant artwork by Henry Flint.Comment
-
Re: Give me good comics to read!
Mike Mignola used to do some awesome interior art for Hellboy, too bad he mostly does covers now.

I love his style: Very flat, graphical, and dark. Almost like wood etching. A lot of solid blacks. But he still manages to capture the dynamism in an action scene despite the style.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.













Comment