you will have to install an add on called myMovies
my new HTPC + Nas server
Collapse
X
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
you will have to install an add on called myMovieswww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me -
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
Here is another little add-on that I'm trying at the moment
~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
Nice threadThe Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
I haven't done any overclocking at all with mine running on ubuntu and it has played every movie i've thrown at it in 1080p w/o any lag at all. i think also that i played with getting it to sleep when i first bought it and i was able to get it to sleep w/o any problems and wake up. i honestly leave mine on all the time since it makes no noise and uses hardly any power
i use that dinovo mini bluetooth remote, but i dont like it very much. so i have that sitting on my coffee table, no attached keyboard or mouse.
since you like your itouch so much, i think you should get this:
it is the xbmc remote for the itouch/phone. you can view your entire library on the phone screen and scroll thru it, and it talks to the xbmc box thru your home wifi. it looks really cool.
also this script below will install xbmc on your ubuntu box for you really easily, i haven't used it but a guy from work said it was simple.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xci/Last edited by res0nat0r; September 2, 2010, 02:21:48 PM. Reason: copied from another thread in response to KamalComment
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
The hardware acceleration won't work out of the gate, you will have to enable it in the xbmc menu but it is super easy. Looking thru that xci script above, it looks like it pulls down the driver from the NVidia site and installs it for you. After that you just have to go to the xbmc video settings menu and enable "VDPAU". This is "Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix" which is a library NVidia wrote to allow linux hardware to talk to their chips.holy shitters robin, you've just made it slightly easier for me to consider going the Ubuntu route. Yea on Ubuntu, I've read excellent reports about 1080p playback with NO lag, even at the default 1.6 ghz clock rate. I might have to (seriously) give that a go when I get it (along with my iTouch). Did you enable video hardware acceleration too? Was it easy? Also did you install Ubuntu on the device from a USB key?
If you get any lag in your video at all it is because this isn't enabled. Without it enabled I'd see the 4 cpus @ like 40% usage during playback, with it enabled it is liike 3-10% and everything works seamlessly its great.Comment
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
Ok now this is getting ridiculous... I'd be a fool not to set up one of these puppies!I haven't done any overclocking at all with mine running on ubuntu and it has played every movie i've thrown at it in 1080p w/o any lag at all. i think also that i played with getting it to sleep when i first bought it and i was able to get it to sleep w/o any problems and wake up. i honestly leave mine on all the time since it makes no noise and uses hardly any power
i use that dinovo mini bluetooth remote, but i dont like it very much. so i have that sitting on my coffee table, no attached keyboard or mouse.
since you like your itouch so much, i think you should get this:
it is the xbmc remote for the itouch/phone. you can view your entire library on the phone screen and scroll thru it, and it talks to the xbmc box thru your home wifi. it looks really cool.
also this script below will install xbmc on your ubuntu box for you really easily, i haven't used it but a guy from work said it was simple.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xci/
Thanks for the links reso.~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
thats fucked up, my posts in this thread disappearedwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
I've now installed XBMC onto my laptop in its own account and it comes on automatically on logon. Found my Asus remote that came with my P5W Premium DH motherboard and it works just fine with the laptop. Also got an XBox 360 remote but seems I would have to splash out on another IR receiver to get that to work. Laptop has HDMI so it can pump out a superb pic and bypasses the awful analog output.
PC has a 2TB drive with movies on it that the laptop has mapped as a network drive. All good!Comment
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
I just picked up these puppies for our bedroom
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway+...&skuId=9974328
Nice!!!!
I bought a 50" Panasonic Viera plasma a couple of years ago, just like that. The TH-50PZ700U I love the thing, the picture from it is amazing.Comment
-
Re: my new HTPC + Nas server
Does anyone know if you can set independent settings for each movie you are watching on XBMC? I have some that come out in the wrong ratio or audio, or with subtitles on by default. and it would be nice if I could make it so it starts up automatically how I want it.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment