I'm asking because the Chinese iPhone 4 apparently connects to a different server when running the Maps App, and everything on the map is in Chinese. While international iPhones connect to the normal maps.google.com server so you get the usual language options.
Can you reinstall Google Maps on iPhone 4?
Collapse
X
-
Can you reinstall Google Maps on iPhone 4?
Anyone know/tried it? Removing and reinstalling the app?
I'm asking because the Chinese iPhone 4 apparently connects to a different server when running the Maps App, and everything on the map is in Chinese. While international iPhones connect to the normal maps.google.com server so you get the usual language options.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Tags: None -
Re: Can you reinstall Google Maps on iPhone 4?
Cant remove, and cant reinstall. And everyone gets the same firmware so there are no software differences.
I would guess its more of a software preferences related thing other than using another maps server.
You should try on your some of your friends phones, would be the same on any older phone then...
edit: changed the language on my phone and i get street names in chinese, pain in the ass to change back lolDont panic, its organic. -
Re: Can you reinstall Google Maps on iPhone 4?
There is a long discussion here and it seems certain that Chinese iPhone connects to a different server for Google Maps, lots of expats are frustrated.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment