I don't plan on ripping movies for this. I only want to get TV channels streaming to it... Comedy Central or Discovery, for example. I'm reading on the Internet that it's possible to stream live channels (here, for example) on XBMC, but again, it all seems to involve downloading/unzipping/copying stuff which I don't think I can do. Does anybody have any experience with XBMC Live, or at least any general XBMC knowledge at all that may be able to help me get some TV channel streaming going?
I realize some stations may be too modest to allow for full streaming, and I recognize that maybe I'm just missing the point with this whole HTPC concept. If someone could point me to how to do any channel (Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc) in XBMC Live, and any resources you might be aware of to identify other stations for streaming, I'd love to hear what you know so I can make a decision on how to use this technology myself!


Comment