Now dont get me wrong, I used to be the biggest digweed fan around...I just dont seem to like what he has been playing lately.
Has Digweed lost a step lately??
Collapse
X
-
Has Digweed lost a step lately??
Is it just me or had Diggers lost a step lately. It seems like all his kiss shows and transistions shows just are not doing it for me anymore. Even when I saw him live at the end of summer tour with desyn...it was probably my least favorite performance by him.....i did not even really like his fabric 20 cd that is coming out.
Now dont get me wrong, I used to be the biggest digweed fan around...I just dont seem to like what he has been playing lately.
Tags: None -
Over the past few months, I've found that his hour of the show hasn't had many tracks which have caught my interest because he seems to be playing a lot which have electro sounds to them which I still just can't get into.... just my imo of it...
Been featuring many of the second hour special guest sets though... -
Maybe ur taste are changing or his. I am sure diggers gets tired of playing the same damn records all the time. I will admit that his kiss 100 mixes this yr have not been top notch likes yrs paste and his fabric cd is nothing special but there have been highlights this yr. There have been a couple of kiss mixes that have been awesome but like I stay it always comes down to the quality of records that are out too. A dj is only as good as the tracks he has.Common Sense is not Common at all.Comment
-
I've like his Kiss shows personally. I think there have been some over the past few months which have been some of the best I've heard. Maybe he should go back to playing trance though. :wink:A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: Has Digweed lost a step lately??
ive been digging the kiss shows, sure there is a miss every once and awhile but for someone to put together a show every week with all that music i think he's been on point.We are who we are!Comment
-
switching to trance? who the hell would do that?Originally posted by skahoundI've like his Kiss shows personally. I think there have been some over the past few months which have been some of the best I've heard. Maybe he should go back to playing trance though. :wink:
and the comment about his kiss shows being a showcase of new choons, not a typical set, is something i have been saying for ages.Comment
-
while the kiss shows never do him justice, the CD's do a little more. but jon digweed is all oabout the live 4am acid pumping music. he has never ever showned what he can do in a set with anything recorded.
ask those who go to fabric or those who were at crobar at 6am in august. he gets proper filthy.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Yup, it's about being really fucked listening to proper drug music, which digweed delivers perfectly in a club. His Kiss shows are still good, if not a bit hit and miss, decent listening music imo.Originally posted by thesightlesswhile the kiss shows never do him justice, the CD's do a little more. but jon digweed is all oabout the live 4am acid pumping music. he has never ever showned what he can do in a set with anything recorded.
ask those who go to fabric or those who were at crobar at 6am in august. he gets proper filthy.Comment
-
Yup, it's about being really fucked listening to proper drug music, which digweed delivers perfectly in a club. His Kiss shows are still good, if not a bit hit and miss, decent listening music imo.Originally posted by thesightlesswhile the kiss shows never do him justice, the CD's do a little more. but jon digweed is all oabout the live 4am acid pumping music. he has never ever showned what he can do in a set with anything recorded.
ask those who go to fabric or those who were at crobar at 6am in august. he gets proper filthy.Comment
-
Re: Has Digweed lost a step lately??
Yeah i agree with the kiss show and transistion show being a showcase for new tunes...but even the live digweed sets that he has been featuring on his show
Like the Space CLosing Party, and The Lush set.......have just seemed below average for Digweed....
THe last time I heard digweed in top form was at Space Miami with Sasha in 2003.......truly amazing
Comment
-
Question: Has Digweed lost a step lately??
Answer: NO
And this is why.
His KISS shows tell just a bit about him.. there's so many tunes he can't play on his show, so his hands are tied... anyway, recording a weekly show without repeating a single track is not easy.. and he does the job perfectly.
He's all about live sets.. Check his set at beirut.. look what tracks he played IN FEBRUARY! most djs started playing some of those tracks in june.
He leads the way, he sets a marker.
I had chance to see him live just twice, and HE FUCKIN ROOOOCKSS
Both nights blew my head off. Incredible mood, amazing groove, awesome strenght.. his sets were unbelievable.
That's why he hasn't lost a step imho :wink:http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment