If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
its all about balance in life. Good food, healthy living...and then going bonkers once in a while.
So yeah everything...but in "moderation" (when spaced over longer periods of time)
I felt I had to qualify my answer because when I do something I like to do it right. last night worth mentioning in this regard was Digweeds Bedrock in London and before that 16 months earlier at Exit.
TheIdiotsAREWinning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
For the past year and half I´ve done as much clubbing as I did around 15 years ago. I´ve been going out every weekend, sometimes 2 days in a row, and yes occasionally, during this period, I´ve taken MDMA and Ecstasy. I´ll do it once in a while and then stop for a few weeks and stick to my beloved Bombay & Tonic.
It´s all purely recreational and for the fun of it, I´ve had this conversation with some friends of mine recently, and I honestly can´t say I enjoy clubbing more when I take those drugs, than when I drink. It´s just a different type of fun, and I choose what I feel is adequate for the DJ I´m going to see.
For example, in a couple of weeks I´ll be seeing Lee Burridge and yeah, I might take some MD because I think the stuff he usually plays is great for that. But last saturday I went to see Cio D´Or (a german techno DJ, play a very "Berghain" type of sound) and really, I travelled as much completely sober with what she played, as if I had taken anything. And mind you the evening started at 9PM and only ended at 11 AM on Sunday, And I danced most of the time. Again, no drugs.
I think everyone has their "key" to have fun, I always say, do whatever you feel you want to take you to that place you want to go, drugs, drinking or nothing at all, I respect it all as long as people know how to have fun and handle that shit, and don´t bother me in my enjoyment. Whatever floats your boat man, is what I always say.
EDIT : btw, if you´re going to do them, it´s REALLY important that you know what type of stuff you´re taking, try to test the shit at some drug-testing spot, or at least read up on the type of stuff you´re taking.
For me it's not a matter of making anything better, because absolutely EVERYTHING is better stone cold sober. It's probably about getting over that initial self consciousness . I really love to dance, and I really love to totally dance. Alcohol just doesn't work for me , makes me feel ill. Plus I keep remembering this sign outside a shop that I saw once.
"Alcohol makes you believe your ex would just love to see you at 4.00am." I think alcohol is the most mind altering drug of all Haven't tried them all though. And won't
And another vote for test that stuff!!
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
I used to hammer it, get really messy. To be fair I just loved proper mdma hallucinations, going off on some blip out and then snapping back.
Notable times...pulling the aerial out of the TV and asking my mate what to do with it, then realising I had just pulled the speaker cable out of the back of a massive stack of speakers at 6am at Eclipse! It all went very quiet for a second.
Pulling over on the dual carrigeway to let the 3ft pigeons move off the road, and then realising they probably aren't there.
Trying to work out who the weird french looking bird was in my front room for over 2 hours, and then coming down enough to realise it was actually my mate Giles who I have known since I was 4.
Until you have experienced that you just can't understand what it is like. It was weird, it was messy, but the main thing was it was fun!
Thing was, in 1990 it was cool, everyone was doing it, and I mean everyone, even the rock heads were into their E, and when you saw someone get messy you knew they were having a great time as you had been the same the week before and you knew you would be later.
Then by about '93 it all changed again, it started to be uncool to loose it, the coke came back out and with it the coke vibe.
For fucks sake, the point of doing drugs is to get off your head, not try and do as much as you can and hold it together!!
I pretty much slowed right down when that happened. Sure I still do stuff sometimes, but not done an E for years and years, but would if I was with mates and was going someone I knew I could do it without being judged.
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
or a lot more...I had hallucinations before quite a few times but nothing like that.
Its caused by the rise in body temperature...similar like a fever and by pupil dilation...so your eyes have difficulty focusing on things and as you look it all blurs so your brain does its best to decipher all the information under the influence. Pretty mental...but good fun.
TheIdiotsAREWinning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
no drugs on my list! maybe one beer and loads of water for a night on a dancefloor
♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•
Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
or a lot more...I had hallucinations before quite a few times but nothing like that.
Its caused by the rise in body temperature...similar like a fever and by pupil dilation...so your eyes have difficulty focusing on things and as you look it all blurs so your brain does its best to decipher all the information under the influence. Pretty mental...but good fun.
Yeah, last time I actually did a bit more of it, it started with seeing the air positively melt around me, feeling that my arms were strangely long and the club was a LOT bigger than I thought, it seemed positively huge, then going to the bathroom and hearing those hand-drier-ventilator thingies in a loop in time with the music, and looking at a mate and thinking his head had been substituted by a pig´s head. But nothing quite like what gizze described
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment