If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Excuse me if I show my massive ignorance of all the in's and out's of hacking, but isn't hacking a website and then having it redirect to your own personal forum where you are an admin and are constantly leaving digital footprints a really, really stupid thing to do?
Last I checked, hacking other sites is still illegal in the states (I am assuming from what I read on his forum that he is an American), even if the site is based in the UK. I do believe that GU, with the help of local authorities, could contact the FBI and very easily track down this moron.
Why is it that people who are so smart with computers can at the same time be so incredibly clueless when it comes to common sense.
Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.
I was wondering about the lagel stuff too. The board belonged to GU so they can easily sue the guy who simply destroyed their property. And if he's so stupid to own up to it and redirect to his own site then it should be fairly easy to track him down too.
i just dont understand the point. why would someone do this -- to GU or any other board -- absent some prior bad blood or something like that? :?
Why do people make viruses that kill your hard drives or spyware that annoys the shit out of you.? No life = lots of spare time and a vendetta on the rest of society.
I was wondering about the lagel stuff too. The board belonged to GU so they can easily sue the guy who simply destroyed their property. And if he's so stupid to own up to it and redirect to his own site then it should be fairly easy to track him down too.
i think it's a time spent vs return on investment.
the forums were just peoples ramblings, not really content/property. if GU did want to go after the "kids" what would they have to show for it after lenghty proceeding? easier just to relaunch the forum, keep the version updated and move forward.
being the total opposite of the these guys, when i come across a site that is outdated, i try and let the admins' /mods know about it to help prevent this from happeneing any more it already is...
spread the word, phpbb version 2.0.11 (the latest version) is available. :wink:
3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category
I could give a shit about GU, but reading the X-Radio forums, someone lost months of work on some stuff he was doing because of of those guys. Now that is just wrong. But in the hackers defense, I guess I'd be pretty angry at the world too if I was a virgin and the only friends I had were on the internet.
that sucks about GU. i hate these hackers who think it's funny to take down web pages and crete viruses. i just don't get the point for being destructive. why not create something that helps other computer users out?
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment