If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Now comes the next generation of Bold 9000 with the same external hardware but with some serious internal OOOOMPH
- 1.2ghz processor
- 768 MB Ram
- 5 MP Camera
- Mutha effin TOUCH SCREEN
- 720P Video Recording
- OS 6.X
- Track Pad (doh)
- What else can a guy ask for.
Last edited by Kamal; February 23, 2011, 09:46:44 AM.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Re: I haven't been this excited about blackberries...
I am due a new phone in the summer, and you know what, I literally havent got a clue about what to get, the goalposts are shifting daily. This looks decent but how is it different from say the BB Torch? My missus has a Torch and it seems ok, but is it good enough?
I hear great things about the HTC Desire and the iPhone so is it fair to say they are the 3 main players?
Re: I haven't been this excited about blackberries...
It all depends what your use is, I cant get rid of my BB because our entire office (3 locations in China, Dubai and the US) use BBM to communicate effectively, so I will always have a BB as my work phone. But granted the user experience with Android and iOS has raised the bar to the point the BB isn't as much "fun". So if you don't need a a BB with a qwerty keyboard, you may not be as interested in this device and I WOULD recommend you go for the HTC Desire HD. I have that as a secondary device for when I travel overseas but it's so much fun to muck about, I carry it with me everywhere, even without a Sim. I just hop onto available Wifi/Hot Spots and use it for whatever I need it and it chews out the BB hollow (save for the physical keyboard/BBM).
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Re: I haven't been this excited about blackberries...
My use? I would say that I want the following from my next phone:
A decent camera - 5MP is good enough.
Decent surfing ability - I would probably only use it to look on facebook and the sports pages to get the fooball scores.
Apps - some of the apps I have read about in the other thread seem brilliant e.g. the barcode scanner app, the shazzam app. Are these apps available on BB or are 'app' limited to just iPhone?
Other than that I'm not bothered about ability to e-mail (prefer to do it on a PC or laptop).
I must admit, BB messenger is a big draw for me as I know tons of people who use it and it would be handy.
Re: I haven't been this excited about blackberries...
Originally posted by GregWhelan
A decent camera - 5MP is good enough.
I must admit, BB messenger is a big draw for me as I know tons of people who use it and it would be handy.
You have your answer right there, the Bold is your choice. Surfing on the comparatively smaller Bold screen won't be as good as the iPhone or the gargantuan 4.3" HTC desire screen but the surfing on BBs has gotten intensely more enjoyable (as compared to the older BB browsers) now that they've embraced the wonderful world of Webkit browers in OS6.0
Blackberries also have their iteration of Androids App Market and Apples Market place called BB App World (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/). Though I am not entire sure if all the apps you are looking for would be there, I'd be willing to bet you'd find a half decent substitute to keep you happy.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Re: I haven't been this excited about blackberries...
If you've got to have a BB for work purposes, so be it, but I've got a rooted EVO 4G, and I have to say, even as an Apple guy, it makes the iPhone seem pretty limited and restrictive. There are apps you can get that make it positively feel like magic. I've been playing around with Tasker lately, and the functionality is absurd. Examples:
-When I get to my office, it automatically turns the ringer and everything else to vibrate. When I leave, it automatically goes back to normal.
-My GPS is normally turned off, because it can drain battery, but any time I turn on an app that requires it, it gets turned on. Same with the 4G connection when I load an app that requires more bandwidth.
-If my phone is connected to the car charger and I get a text message, it will automatically read the text aloud to me, and then send a reply indicating that I'm driving and that I'll get back to them later.
-When I'm in an environment with limited signal, it will switch to airplane mode to conserve battery, and check every 20 minutes to see if the signal has gotten any better, check messages, etc. Once the signal gets back to normal, the phone switches back to normal.
These are actually pretty simple, but you can make your phone do just about anything a phone can do based upon just about any sort of trigger you can imagine -- location, time, phone position/orientation, battery life, specific incoming messages, etc. It's really pretty remarkable.
Re: I haven't been this excited about blackberries...
Originally posted by GregWhelan
Kamal - any experience with the Nokia N8 at all? Quite good tariffs out there and it looks quite snazzy?
Stay away from Nokia's, at least over the next immediate year - especially until they come out with that slick new UI for Symbian. They're not doing as well and most of the Western World is forking over to Android/iOs so, in terms of staying connected with family / friends, sticking with either will be a good choice as the chances are high you'll find some app to keep in touch.
Originally posted by toasty
If you've got to have a BB for work purposes, so be it, but I've got a rooted EVO 4G, and I have to say, even as an Apple guy, it makes the iPhone seem pretty limited and restrictive.
Will attest to that, not only from a software perspective but even hardware perspective, the smaller screen leaves much to yearn in comparison to the larger screens on most Android phones.
Originally posted by toasty
There are apps you can get that make it positively feel like magic. I've been playing around with Tasker lately, and the functionality is absurd. Examples:
-When I get to my office, it automatically turns the ringer and everything else to vibrate. When I leave, it automatically goes back to normal.
-My GPS is normally turned off, because it can drain battery, but any time I turn on an app that requires it, it gets turned on. Same with the 4G connection when I load an app that requires more bandwidth.
-If my phone is connected to the car charger and I get a text message, it will automatically read the text aloud to me, and then send a reply indicating that I'm driving and that I'll get back to them later.
-When I'm in an environment with limited signal, it will switch to airplane mode to conserve battery, and check every 20 minutes to see if the signal has gotten any better, check messages, etc. Once the signal gets back to normal, the phone switches back to normal.
These are actually pretty simple, but you can make your phone do just about anything a phone can do based upon just about any sort of trigger you can imagine -- location, time, phone position/orientation, battery life, specific incoming messages, etc. It's really pretty remarkable.
Dude that sounds incredible. defo gonna check it out.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Re: I haven't been this excited about blackberries...
I've gone with the HTC Desire HD as the tariff was good (just £25 per month). It hasnt arrived yet. Heard bad things about the battery but then I'm assuming that the people who complain about it are the type who are on the phone all day mucking about, which I wont b
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment