Great feature!
[ms] DJ Database
Collapse
X
-
Re: [ms] DJ Database
I just put together a new Artists page
You can check it out by clicking the DJ Database tab or by clicking here: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...p?item=artistsComment
-
-
Re: [ms] DJ Database
it's getting there day by day
Part of my original hopes included crawling the Facebook/MySpace/SoundCloud/Twitter URLs for our artists to pull in dynamic content from there. For example, I'd like to index events from FB/MySpace, and have members be able to pick a city and date to see all artists that have announced that they'll be playing there that day. Or index Twitter/Facebook posts and have the last 5/10 displayed directly on their artist profiles or in our homepage for your subscribed artists, etc. This might be a pretty big undertaking because all the data may not be in a standard format, but it's definitely not impossible. I still want to make this place more polished before I start taking on another huge project
Comment
-
Re: [ms] DJ Database
bravo Pickle, well done!!I just put together a new Artists page
You can check it out by clicking the DJ Database tab or by clicking here: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...p?item=artists
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: [ms] DJ Database
Garcia rocks!I couldn't believe Martin Garcia wasn't added. just done adding him now.
Comment
-
Re: [ms] DJ Database
you da man pickle - its looking great....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: [ms] DJ Database
Sounds pretty damn good mate. Hats off and thanks for the work.it's getting there day by day
Part of my original hopes included crawling the Facebook/MySpace/SoundCloud/Twitter URLs for our artists to pull in dynamic content from there. For example, I'd like to index events from FB/MySpace, and have members be able to pick a city and date to see all artists that have announced that they'll be playing there that day. Or index Twitter/Facebook posts and have the last 5/10 displayed directly on their artist profiles or in our homepage for your subscribed artists, etc. This might be a pretty big undertaking because all the data may not be in a standard format, but it's definitely not impossible. I still want to make this place more polished before I start taking on another huge project

Comment
-
Re: [ms] DJ Database
Wow, just found this thread. Thanks to all involved in bringing this togetha (though I've already thanked the two most worthy parties elsewhere
). If I can make a recommendation, I see some artist pages that could use an updated URL or genre addition...can approved contributors (like those who have submitted valid artists/DJs) be allowed to update any ole' entry, as opposed to only the ones they've added?
Comment
-
Re: [ms] DJ Database
I've been planning on this for a while... where anybody with > ~500 posts or so can update all artists. I just need to make it happen
I'll try to work on it this week!Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment