If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
An unbelievable set, consistent as expected and dark..very very dark. I dont think I'd ever heard Digweed play this tone for this long but it was blissful to witness and enjoy! Best set I'v been to.
I believe the first video shows the first or second track...when you start off like that, the crowd bows down and the man takes control.
Vids sound great .. John was on form at Circus a couple of weeks back - looks like he's getting warmed up for the WMC (now I wanna go !!).
I've got Bedrock, Arches & Circus looming .. but all seem ages away. So also looking into his NYC date.
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
An unbelievable set, consistent as expected and dark..very very dark. I dont think I'd ever heard Digweed play this tone for this long but it was blissful to witness and enjoy! Best set I'v been to.
I believe the first video shows the first or second track...when you start off like that, the crowd bows down and the man takes control.
As far as I remember, that track with the french spoken word was the 3rd track, the first 2 were more "dreamy" and groovy, but yeah, when that one dropped, I knew I had better brace myself for what was to follow. Very different from the full-on techno set I heard him lay down at NeoPop here in Portugal last summer, but even darker and more evil, but ALWAYS with a chunky groove going on. Make no mistake about it, it was a fully Progressive set, with some techy leanings, but really reminding me of the post GU19 period. If he goes to a place like Vagabond (from what I know of what usually happens there) playing like this for a more extended period of time, I predict a massacre.
The only times when the dark tone softened was right in the beginning, and when he reached the last track (Dave Angelīs remix of Cottage Industry).
Good to hear.. I will be seeing him at the Vagabond in almost 2 weeks I can't wait. Haven't seen him since St Patricks Day, 2001. TEN YEARS. When I saw him then he dropped a 8 hour all-night set and I was blown away. What he did moving through so many avenues of sound left the whole club picking their jaws up off the floor in amazement.
I'm sure he will be dropping some of the same tunes through WMC!
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
As far as I remember, that track with the french spoken word was the 3rd track, the first 2 were more "dreamy" and groovy.
Yeah, exactly. Those two were a great entrance for the err..devilry that followed. Thank you for the videos by the way man (and Kamtchaka), it's lovely to be able to re-live abit of the night.
Another thing, is there any clue of wich song is playing on this video, the one entering at 2.30m?
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment