Has Digweed Gained a Step Lately??
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Sorry, I was having homoerotic thoughts about your avatar and my avatar frolicking in fields of sunflowers together while calling each other 'Pooh Bear' and 'Sugar Toosh'.Originally posted by asdf_admin...
WHAT?!A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
-
Originally posted by rubyraksOriginally posted by chemicalbeavisOriginally posted by qwerty2222cant wait to see what he's got for the christmas special mix this year and who will be the guest dj.hope it will be sasha


Comment
-
how about this? maybe some ppl feel that perhaps digweed is no longer the best dj out there anymore. but the problem is that they haven't found a replacement for the top dj spot b/c although we may *like* other djs, it's just not the same. i like cattaneo, howells, satoshi, and even the newer breeds like dekay, inkfish, etc. but it's just not the same. i for one still believe diggers is the best and i don't use his kiss sets as the measure. afterall, most are studio mixed and when even his lives are broadcasted, they are not peaktime.Originally posted by PsynceFiction[MS]I think a lot of people are afraid of the reactions when they say Digweed isn't the best dj around anymore. You almost feel obliged to see John Digweed as the best dj around.
I too think there are others who can mix atleast as good as Digweed. I've been out of the scene for 6 months or something so I can't give an exact opinion of Digweed's mixes lately but I've downloaded the last 2 Kiss mixes and they didn't do much to me. Maybe I'm looking for something new. A bit more techy. (I'm very into Joris Voorn & Alexander Kowalski these days.)
But I think that when you see John Digweed live, you still (and that will allways will be) have something like:
"Look!! That's John Digweed (with a great smile on your face)!"
-Psynce-Comment
-
To be honest ... I've never really been impressed by Digweed's track choice last two years. Sometimes he throws in a track I really love, but that's not enough to like a whole set. Just a personal matter ... Digweed still's one of the best DJ's around anyway. But his track choice doesn't do much for me ...
Example: last Digweed kiss set:
first track: Panopticon - Revealing The Door = I love this track
second track: Andy Ling - Fixation = nothing for me
These days, he just spins too much tracks like the second one ...
For me, a sort of driving, moody, dark feeling is important for me ... something I don't find back in Digweed's sets. But I did find it back in , for example, Osamu M's sets.Comment
-
Digweed is fucking awesome for a 2 hour set, but even at his best, he doesn't come close to the master
Comment
-
Re: Has Digweed Gained a Step Lately??
Although Digweed's last two Kiss sets have been the best of the year in my book, I've never really taken his Kiss sets too seriously. Digweed can play house for 6 weeks straight and then show up at your favorite local club and tear the roof off with peaktime mayhem. So, grain of salt here and there when talking about his Kiss sets.4 9 7 23 5 5 4Comment
-
yeah, the kiss shows aren't about mixing tunes, they're about programming new tracks.black is the new black www.mercuryserver.comComment
-
Originally posted by Hosyeah, the kiss shows aren't about mixing tunes, they're about programming new tracks.
LOL, what? :?
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment