I am pleasantly surprised that RM cares so much! And I agree that having a post limit before downloading might bring new people here on a regular basis. I think it's worth a try for a little while anyways to see what happens. If it changes nothing then put it back! I probably wouldn't have started posting in on this message board had I not been forced to 'cause I was rather shy and not savy to message board ways. It was all very new to me. But I did it and kept on going past the required 50 and still love this place, it feels like home.
The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
Collapse
X
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
I am pleasantly surprised that RM cares so much! And I agree that having a post limit before downloading might bring new people here on a regular basis. I think it's worth a try for a little while anyways to see what happens. If it changes nothing then put it back! I probably wouldn't have started posting in on this message board had I not been forced to 'cause I was rather shy and not savy to message board ways. It was all very new to me. But I did it and kept on going past the required 50 and still love this place, it feels like home.Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
I like the name Encryption better Kamal. Why the change?
I agree Chanty you will get quality rather than quantity members with mandatory posts. That is why I fear this place will just become a downloading whore. 50 posts give you a chance to meet someone even if they are sometimes spam. You will get some new people with new ideas and opinions.Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
I agree Chanty you will get quality rather than quantity members with mandatory posts. That is why I fear this place will just become a downloading whore. 50 posts give you a chance to meet someone even if they are sometimes spam. You will get some new people with new ideas and opinions.
Did you 2 not read TomTom's response or do you not think he know's what he's talking about?
Returning to your suggestion, yes we could need more proactive members but posting limits are not the answer. If they would be, we would have a hell of a lot more proactive users by now thanks to our post count restrictions in the past. But we don't. "Thanks the many links" a hundred times per day was the result from post count limits like Jenks has already mentioned..
I would for example love to see more contributions like the articles that Simon is writing for Mercuryserver. We have a full blogging/article system on Mercuryserver since the last Upgrade and a front page that screams for more and Mercuryserver exclusive articles related to EDM or whatever. Self made content creates more reactions (comments) so it is all up to the people on Mercuryserver. We can provide the platform and make offerings but we need members who are willing to spend the time to create interesting content. Forcing them into something doesn't help here..everything must come at free will and from the heart.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
when did we throw out the post requirements? How long ago?Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
Yes I did read it and of course he knows what he's talking about. I just remember that when people had to post there was more participation from newbies. People have always come and gone from this place but at least they were posting something.Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
Was their participation of any substance or was it mostly banal? Content > numbers. IMO.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
Both really. I'm sure that a good majority of the reg peeps on here (and that used to be reg posters) started out with the 50, liked it here and stayed around. And I didn't mind the "how many posts must I have" questions 'cause they always gave us a good chuckle!Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
thread sux. plz kill. lulz.
For your aural infusion of Caley:
http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
http://ultrawizardsword.net
RA: CaleyComment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
Ok, so I'm new. I've been reading this thread over the last couple of days and I'm pretty sure I can offer some insight. If you like.
IMO, if you want to know why there isn't much posting by new people on this forum, look at this thread. How much of this thread is dedicated to the past. Most of it. How much of all threads deal with relationships from the past? A whole bunch of them. I don't know any of you really. I know pickle and that's about it. I don't know anything about what has gone on in years past so it's hard to reply to several of the threads.
A lot of you have already formed friendships. Several of you have met up and hung out on many occasions. I personally think this is sweet. I totally would love to be part of that. I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes it's hard to chime in on certain things because I don't share this bond with any of you. Nor do any other new members. I'm not complaining about this at all. I realize that if I would put myself out there and comment the shit out this forum that you guys would then know who the hell I am. But, until I'm willing to get my head out of the sand, I just sit back and watch. It's entertaining.
How about instead of demanding posting, why don't you ask the "new" people why they don't post? You know what I mean? Try "reaching out" so to speak. BTW, that sounds so ridiculous written now then it did in my head. You get the point.
This is just my opinion and apparently that is kinda what you guys are wanting soo.... there ya have it.Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
i know what you mean..I've been around here with a friend's user
for a year and a half or so and after reading several times different threads, finally i've decided to become an active member
IMO, it's a matter of time and quality content.. Why would you want to force someone to post something?
"vision over visibility" Paul HewsonComment
-
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
I've been on here for a couple years now and I know I don't post too often, but I do agree with GranolaGirl when she says that a lot of the threads seem to talk about how MS used to be and this can be difficult for new members if they haven't been around too long. I don't think the creation of another post count to stimulate conversation is the answer, but I do know that "remember when" is usually the lowest form of conversation."Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
I for one can tell you that i'm not the active member that I used to be partly because I don't go out anymore.It's nice to come on here and read up on the djs that I like. What sets they have coming out or where they are playing next. I think the dj database has been extremely useful for me. Having discovered new djs that I wouldn't have on my own. So Thanks Pickle for that. As far as the post count goes that was a thing of the past." Darkness Imprisioning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped In Myself
Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)
soulseek sn buckman28Comment
-
Re: The Way to Fix MS from Becoming Old
lol in my case, registration as a member has had nothing to do with stimulate anything.. i've decided to post by myself and not only picking up music with my friend's user name
after a couple of years, i'm still posting in this forum almost every day
"vision over visibility" Paul HewsonComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment