If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
^^^wow phenominal show hugh? i guess i am just not hearin what u are....maybe it just doesnt take too much to please some folks.
i just feel that so far most of the tunes have been somewhat average...i highly doubt he busts most of these trax out when he is playing at the clubs.
i feel the same way with digs show...most of it is just ok to me. i am pretty damn picky when it comes to edm. u got to admit there is alot of bad music out there.
^^^ But none of it is here! If you aren't hearing it it's perhaps because you have different taste . Or perhaps you don't have the capacity to pick up the complexity
I have been to about 10 of his gigs and I could hear most of these tracks woven into his wonderful sets.
Btw I don't listen to Digweed either but that's because I don't like stuff flogged to me with my music
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
It is very difficult to a DJ, play the same tracks on the radio than in a club.
is another setting, is another way, is other time. In a club has 3 or 4 hours to assemble a set, you can play many unreleases tracks, acetates, promos, etc. in a radio all done a little more comercial and most of the tracks we already know.
The problem is the people who rip exlusive and unrealsed tracks from Recorded Dj sets and use them in there own club sets or internet promos... Thats why we never get stuff like that anymore without it being shit quality or have voice overs so they cant be used any place else... Ive seen tracks on soul seek that say Set rip next to them and whos set they got it from... Makes me sick
i think ur capicity is too small to understand these sets so far have been nothing that special, but of course any damn thing he does is gold to u.
.
thats a bit unfair i think - we all have our tastes, what doesnt seem special to you could seem very special to someone else - if youve been following music for a long time thats something you have to accept
i think the sets have been well received here, last weeks show wasnt as good as the first 2 imo but you have to remember we've only had 3 shows so far........
You gotta' admit that what was originally said to Chuck was quite condescending and pretentious...so Chuck's response was entirely called for.
And of course his sets are well received here (I am just a curious spectator, never cared much for the South American legend)...this is a Hernan hub of sorts. ;-)
You gotta' admit that what was originally said to Chuck was quite condescending and pretentious...so Chuck's response was entirely called for.
And of course his sets are well received here (I am just a curious spectator, never cared much for the South American legend)...this is a Hernan hub of sorts. ;-)
Sigh. as usual I was RESPONDING to an insulting remark from Chuck, which was just as pretentious and condescending as my remark but without the "maybe it just doesnt take too much to please some folks." Condescending and pretentious much Further example, how condescending is this ?? "I will give him time. " Somehow I don't think Hernan is sweating on chuck's approval
Every one has their own tastes. Even with same Dj we all have favourites. But chuck can't let that be the case ! If he doesn't like something there has to something wrong with those who do like it ,and he has to tell us so! And he does this continually ! I'm sort of getting sick of his whining little posts. If he wants to keep dishing it out he has to learn to take it as well .
AS for the "but of course any damn thing he does is gold to u. " Something else you don't get chuck is that the reason I hold him in such high esteem is that he DOES play music I love That is the way it's supposed to work
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
OK, OK, so it looks like this could've been the first item construed as pretentious:
^^^wow phenominal show hugh? i guess i am just not hearin what u are....maybe it just doesnt take too much to please some folks.
And I guess it billowed from there...indeed, there is a point in not bitching and maligning fans about a set if it's not to your taste (the DJ will get the message when enough tune out, don't give feedback, attend shows, etc). Just listen and move on.
My first reaction was , "" Ok what have you done with our vinnie97" You totally right.!! Thanks
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
^^^^ chuck can't let that be the case ! If he doesn't like something there has to something wrong with those who do like it ,and he has to tell us so! And he does this continually ! I'm sort of getting sick of his whining little posts. If he wants to keep dishing it out he has to learn to take it as well .
:
damn didi, what is up. we going to bash each other back and forth now. i dont enjoy that.
. u act like i go around whining and complaining bout every set which is not the case...i give plenty of hype to many many sets and artists on here. I have called hernan parallel one of the best if not best ever chill/downtempo studio ever released. but of course u only hear my neg reviews.
i am going though major Hernan withdrawl since parralel came out. Finally he comes out with the weekly radio set....and so far it sounds very avg to me. and hasnt cured my craving. i expect alot out of him and so far have been dissapointed.
I've stopped ! I said what it was that got to me. I don't want us to go back and forth bashing each other , we agree on far more than we disagree. See, I have been paying attention I have to admit these have really made me want to hear a full set from him and I would kill to see him at the moment. Anyone in Melbourne you want hit
I understand perfectly where you are coming from , if this music isn't doing it for you I know you still feel hungry. But It isn't average music, it's music that doesn't do it for you unfortunately . But that doesn't make others opinions any the less valid.
I believe that there are some Djs who just work so hard, care so much, been around long enough that even on their worse day they don't do average. And I believe Hernan is at the front of that pack
Btw I am incredibly selective about my music in every aspect. We just ever so slightly different taste . Fair enough ???
Now to listen to this weeks
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment