We already have a subforum under Music called Album & Singles Release Information that's used for that type of purpose. You can see it here: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...se-Information
MS Suggestion Box
Collapse
X
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
We already have a subforum under Music called Album & Singles Release Information that's used for that type of purpose. You can see it here: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...se-Information -
Re: MS Suggestion Box
i do it all the time, didi. one think you may not understand about some of us, is that we swear and talk shit to to each other like drunken sailors, face to face... all the time. we don't take it personal, heart to heart or get butthurt.(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))Comment
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
my wp7 has internets explorer, and opera; i'm fine without an actually app. but if it proves worthwhile, i will support it.(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))Comment
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
Yeah fair enough. I guess I was looking for more of a static page/blog entry. Pretty much a direct rip off of RA in many ways.We already have a subforum under Music called Album & Singles Release Information that's used for that type of purpose. You can see it here: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...se-Information
That's probably moving away from the 'forum' environment so understand if this is not in line with the MS ethos
Comment
-
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
+1
+1Just looked at the Home page.
I see on the right column, it shows Recommended Artist and My Artists.
1) Maybe we could add a box that says 'Users who like the DJs I like' ? It sounds like an existing feature but I don't see it unless I click on the DJ profile and I see the users subscribed to that profile.
Could be a nice way of connecting people via the same DJs. I'm pretty sure there's already something like that but I don't see it on my Home page?
2) In the left column My Subscriptions, I suggest we port My Subscribed Threads and My Subscribed Forums to there as well so we have a one-stop place ... right now I hardly visit Home because I use Settings to keep track of my subscribed threads and forums.
3) Also I've been wondering, can we do a Recommend button? Eg. I'm checking out a thread in P&R, the set is good, I want to recommend it to somebody like DD or Dhar or Rib, someone whose musical taste I'm familiar with. Kinda like a Facebook Send button. And the recipient gets a PM saying "feather recommended [Thread Title] to you."
So those are the suggestions I have on the user experience.
tapatalk suck imo
oh no
♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•
Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.
Comment
-
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
Feather, I like the idea for the subscriptions on the page but I don't see any subscriptions CMS widgets out there. I like the idea, but for it to happen I'd need to re-write the functionality for the CMS manually. I don't know how long this would take, but I'll keep investigating it over time... don't hold your breath though
Also, the users who like who I like also exists on the Artists page but I should probably move it over to the main page sometime. I also like the recommend idea, and have been thinking about how to implement something like it, but I need to figure out the entire process and how every step would work before I start otherwise I'd be running blind. If you have any other ideas/suggestions on how this would work, let me know them. Get as detailed as possible
Comment
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
How much money do we need to raise to tell Google to bite it so we can have Puretna?
I got $20 on it to save it.. Anyone else?Comment
-
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
i might sound like a bit of a pervert here but its with regards to the puretna thread... what about a free blog space to host it away from the main site ? would that work ?Comment
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
If you want to jerk off just Google porn. Promos & Recommendations is fucked. There are just to many threads where people are using the forum for their own financial gain. Obviously views are diverse on this but no one can deny its a problem. The whole section looks like a graveyard. Much as I hate subforums I think you would be better off creating a new sub forum but only where users can post music from the top 50 subscribed artists in the MS database (not necessary 50 look at the demographics and draw a line where you think the tastes of the forum are represented), sort of like a VIP or Favourite 50 type thing. It could also be reviewed at the periodically to accommodate with users changing tastes over periods of time. I'm not sure whether is possible to automatically direct threads when they are created in a main forum to a sub forum, or expecting users to do this themselves and getting moderators to move threads out of the subsection if they have been posted there when they shouldn't have been and warning persistent offenders. Lets face it no one gives to shits about 95% of the artists being posted in P&R at the moment.Originally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
^that's a really interesting idea Chunk. I'd be with that.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: MS Suggestion Box
Cross post.Originally posted by featherHow much does the huge user base affect cost of running? Are we letting dead weight (non participating users) drag us down? If we're trying to grow/maintain user base at the cost of adwords and all these changes to [ms], does it make sense to open up [ms] to new registrations for limited time, like private torrent trackers? Or perhaps implement an invite system for registrations, again, taking cue from private torrent trackers.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment