^yes (well after the Re0), Shure 535 and Um3x from Westone. The um3x were way too analytical for me, can't enjoy my music..i kept trying to analyze what I was hearing, they are very good tho. The shure.. something was lacking, I can't explain what, but the sm3v2 sound much better to my ears and my brain I guess. Before the RE0 I had shure e3c, the cable broke
new headphones
Collapse
X
-
Re: new headphones
^yes (well after the Re0), Shure 535 and Um3x from Westone. The um3x were way too analytical for me, can't enjoy my music..i kept trying to analyze what I was hearing, they are very good tho. The shure.. something was lacking, I can't explain what, but the sm3v2 sound much better to my ears and my brain I guess. Before the RE0 I had shure e3c, the cable broke -
Re: new headphones
Hmm interesting, I'm surprised the UM3x is more analytical. Is the SM3 good for EDM? Have you heard the Westone 3? I heard they're quite fun IEMs, good with bass.
I'm thinking of getting the Westone 3, a friend suggested I check out the SM3 too but he's unsure as well.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: new headphones
It took me a while to decide which ones to go with, specifically for that reason.. I listen mostly to EDM, but not all the time.. so I needed something that isn't good just for that. The SM3v2 seem to be pretty good across the sound range, which is what I was looking for.. I can go from 2Pac, to Dexter Gordon, to Nick's Balance 018, and then bring some Tool into the mix.. and they all sound amazing. But you should test them first.. they are not cheap, so you have to make sure. I've heard very good things about the Westone 3, but if you want bass the IE8 is the one it seems..but isolation with them isn't very good. The sm3v2 just came out btw .. they look and fit differently compared to the old sm3
Right now I am listening to Saiz's Balance 19 Cd1 and I am at "Lady in the Mirror" (track 8 i think)... the bass on the SM3V2 is a joyComment
-
Re: new headphones
318.jpg
Been using these for a while and couldn't be happier...
Feature:- Superior housing
- Comfortable fit in the ears
- Built-In Active Noise Cancellation with Clear Stereo and Clear Bass
- Chosen headphone for new model NW-A800 and S600 Series
- 1.5 M Extension cord for ease of use
- The 13.5mm drivers collect ambient noise and cancel it out allows you to enjoy music in noisy environments.
- Drive Units:13.5mm
- Impedance: 16 ohms at 1kHz
- Sensitivity: 100dB/mW (EIA)
- Frequency Response: 6Hz - 24,000Hz
- Cord Length: Asymmetrical, L: 90 cm; R: 120 cm
The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: new headphones
Now that I've started this new 'hunt' I'm considering the Westone 3, UM3X or the 1964-T or 1964-Q

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: new headphones
Funny you mention that, I've settled on the 1964-Q

My UM2 lasted me 6 years, I'm expecting similar mileage out of the 1964s so the quad driver upgrade will be worth it!
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: new headphones
^nice! i would love to hear what you think once you get to listen to them for a while.. they should be better than you old UM2
I am very happy with the SM3v2 ..they are kind of addictive. I would recommend them to anyone who listens to EDM without thinking too much about it
Comment
-
Re: new headphones
Came back from the gym to find my 1964 earphones waiting! Checking out Balance 19 with them now



i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: new headphones
My new earphones




i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: new headphones
I recommend skipping the triple and save up for the quad
Sounds amazing: Mids and highs more forward but balanced by the full bodied bass. Separation is really good, good sense of space.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: new headphones
got some really good customized Grado's for home use now semi in the market for some good IEM's for transit/cubicle life.. 1964 is looking good. just do not think i can justify the 200% price point over standard Westones but they are tempting... very tempting.
quad drivers seem to produce too much bass for my liking so its either 6 drivers or 3."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment