I am loving it and personally can't wait for the final version to be released?
OS X Lion
Collapse
X
-
OS X Lion
Tags: None -
Re: OS X Lion
Got the developer copy but looks like they've made it harder to get it on Hackintosh setups. No doubt someone will come up with a bootloader to solve that.
Not that enthralled by Mac OS tbh. Far more comfortable with Windows 7 which seems just as fast for the most part.Comment
-
Re: OS X Lion
OS X Lion should be an incremental update, not a lot of cosmetic changes. Some new apps like Mail, Mission Control, etc.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: OS X Lion
It looks that way. Stuff that could have been put into Snow Leopard really. Looks like a release for the sake of a release.Comment
-
Re: OS X Lion
I have been using it on my main development machine, 17" MBP, this week and aside from the occasional bugs this is going to be a solid release. Even though this is on a separate new partition it still seems quicker than Snow Leopard was for me on a new install. If there are any Mac users on here who are having any doubts about trying it, don't worry. Just partition your drive and use it as a secondary install. Mail, iCal and Mission Control are very nice new features.Comment
-
Re: OS X Lion
Because? Mission Control?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: OS X Lion
yeah, and the gestures and the way the scroll bars look, feel and work.
stacks seem like a better way to get to stuff in your workflow faster, since they've got better keyboard support.
Full screen apps are sweet, but I want support for Libre office.
Little snitch has been going off every 5 minutes since i updated too, I wonder what data they want...Comment
-

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: OS X Lion
Updated. Launchpad feels pretty useless, reverse scrolling is stupid. Otherwise things seem to work. I'm glad they fixed the window buttons for iTunes, and overall subtle changes to the UI, actually like the new scroll bars and the 'flatter' look.
Not feeling huge speed improvements, but actually seems to run cooler.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: OS X Lion
^^ I had to set the scrolling to normal mode, the reverse scrolling was weird for me...
Also hate that the "versions" feature only works with textedit and iWork, should work with MS Office too.
Boot time for me has dropped like 20 or more seconds and overall the OS is faster
.
The only thing that im still waiting for is TRIM for SSDs
.
Dont panic, its organic.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,514
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment