If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
When will Digweed share a decent quality m4a set on soundcloud like our man Sasha did ?
hes really against all this high quality soundcloud stuff, @ least he has to release a decent 4 hours long set cd for sale or something, not this choppy one hour crowd recording sets from Structures.
Really this should be Digweed next step, am pissed of. Sasha please drop him a few words about it !
What I mean is: are S&D living in their own worlds, where MJC, VisionQuest, Dinky, Tale Of Us, etc. don't exist? How can they start playing Gnome or Envision like they came up with the idea in the first place?? Want to do the Seth Troxler's routine? Ok, but FIND YOUR OWN TRACKS! They have talented people to write 15-minute long proggers or techno stumpers for them, then they listen to Tale Of Us and think: "Wow, this is ten times cooler and one hundred times better than what I play!". Ok, at least do your own playlist.
When will Digweed share a decent quality m4a set on soundcloud like our man Sasha did ?
hes really against all this high quality soundcloud stuff, @ least he has to release a decent 4 hours long set cd for sale or something, not this choppy one hour crowd recording sets from Structures.
in this context mixcloud is better than soundcloud They provide every set in aac, mp4 and mp3. You guys should go to school to learn something about real ripping instead of soundcard recording
have recorded last night 2 hours of john digweed without microphones will upload that one later on with a new sasha Seth Troxler Holden TImo Maas Robert Owens and Kerri Chandler .... to ms
Wow, tough crowd in this thread...so far Diggers, Sasha, Soundcloud and Mixcloud have been put on notice. Who's next? :-)
Tough crowd? "It sucks" is not much of an opinion, I admit it. Personally, I was trying to make a point, my opinions hardly matter anywhere anyway. I'd also like to stress again the fact that all this free mixes activity is not really a thank-you to fans, but a way to attract votes for the Top100. Digweed playing in this style is still embarrassing to me, I know all ms expects from posters is "Great!" "ID?" "First track rocks!", but there are opinions and opinions.
Tough crowd? "It sucks" is not much of an opinion, I admit it. Personally, I was trying to make a point, my opinions hardly matter anywhere anyway. I'd also like to stress again the fact that all this free mixes activity is not really a thank-you to fans, but a way to attract votes for the Top100. Digweed playing in this style is still embarrassing to me, I know all ms expects from posters is "Great!" "ID?" "First track rocks!", but there are opinions and opinions.
Tough crowd? "It sucks" is not much of an opinion, I admit it. Personally, I was trying to make a point, my opinions hardly matter anywhere anyway. I'd also like to stress again the fact that all this free mixes activity is not really a thank-you to fans, but a way to attract votes for the Top100. Digweed playing in this style is still embarrassing to me, I know all ms expects from posters is "Great!" "ID?" "First track rocks!", but there are opinions and opinions.
I totally agree with you, sbando. Honestly I am lukewarm on this mix. I think even less of Sasha's closing party mix. It is what it is. Would you mind elaborating on this? If not it's all good...I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from
Originally posted by sbando
What I mean is: are S&D living in their own worlds, where MJC, VisionQuest, Dinky, Tale Of Us, etc. don't exist? How can they start playing Gnome or Envision like they came up with the idea in the first place?? Want to do the Seth Troxler's routine? Ok, but FIND YOUR OWN TRACKS! They have talented people to write 15-minute long proggers or techno stumpers for them, then they listen to Tale Of Us and think: "Wow, this is ten times cooler and one hundred times better than what I play!". Ok, at least do your own playlist.
You can embrace a trendy new style, it happens all the time, Sasha went through a woeful electro phase too, so it can be worse than this.
While I liked the Panorama Bar set, this promo by Digweed (the dj that introduced me to dance in the first place) is full of overplayed tracks, straight from the Resident Advisor Top 50. This is a bit too much. Jump the band-wagon,if you must, just don't play Forward Motion or any Tale Of Us remix you have at hand, dig for unknown tracks. Otherwise there's no difference between Digweed and any other dj out there.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment