If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
dunno mates, just replaced a part of my gear with a pair of CDJ-2000s and a DJM-2000. I plan to make the first tests durinjg this weekend if I have enough time to experiment on the combo functions they offer while chained to the DJM mixer...
love them too. Hard drive can't be NTFS formatted if it'll read through your laptop (will it? still haven't tried)
Beyond that, get a 16GB flash drive...20/25 bucks. That oughta hold enough music for what you need
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
AFAIK NTFS formatted drives are supported only for read only purposes. According to tests performed years ago with non pioneer gear and NTFS formatted drives, there were lockups and system freezes, so I wouldn't like to make any tests on that again, as I learned my lesson. FAT32 is pretty fine for any drive that is used for MP3 storage purposes only and is a trouble free solution allowing R/W without any issues.
CDJs and Turntable are irreplaceable. Tell me really who FEELS that he/she is a DJ by only pressinb buttons?
Come on, jog wheels are like boobies. If you can't touch and feel them, then you miss all the fun.
FYI, CDJ-2000s can combine new technology with old scool attitude and feel, so basically it's a great achievement and evolution brdging these 2 worlds. I really love them and it is a good investment according to my modest opinion.
CDJs and Turntable are irreplaceable. Tell me really who FEELS that he/she is a DJ by only pressinb buttons?
Come on, jog wheels are like boobies. If you can't touch and feel them, then you miss all the fun.
FYI, CDJ-2000s can combine new technology with old scool attitude and feel, so basically it's a great achievement and evolution brdging these 2 worlds. I really love them and it is a good investment according to my modest opinion.
@ panoulix --- couldn't agree with you more!
I've been using CDJ2000s at my monthly residency and honestly it has made me want to do away with my laptop based Traktor setup. The link feature is SO slick. My only complaint is that the CDJ2000 are so flipping bright! The platter is ringed with a white light that is bloody blinding and when a track starts to run to the end it starts to flash like crazy. My buddy and I liken it to a spaceship taking off for flight! LOL
The LCD Screen brightness and the Platter Lights can also be adjusted and dimmed (or switch to off), throught the utility menu of the CDJ.
Just curious, did you notice any drifting issues or bpm not locking properly while using the 2000s as standalone players (not with Rekordbox or Traktor Scratch Pro and not connected with USB to the PC as controllers)?
I found myself pushing the wheel forward all the time in order to keep the tracks synched for more than 15 seconds and there are many other users who also mentioned this in the pioneer dj forums...
I guees I think it's time to contact Pioneer Service Provider here in Greece, but I first wanted to check other experience with different batch units.
So you can dim the platter lights? That's good to know. I'll have a go at fiddling with that setting. Thanks!
As to the drifting you are experiencing I can say that I have not had that problem at all. I've used the 2000 on a standalone basis and with Traktor and haven't experienced any drifting whatsoever. It's probably a batch thing. Back when the CDJ1000 MKII came out I bought one right away and I always found that when I played on later batches of MKIIs they always seemed to work better. I love Pioneer's products, but I always make it a point to wait awhile on their new products so that they can iron out the issues that always seem to plague their products in early batches.
My batch is of August 2010, so it can't be considered as an early batch as the players are out in the market since Q2-Q3/2009.
However day by day more and more users complain on forums about the 2000s drifting issues.
Getting your units to the nearest service center, will simply make you lose your time.
Pioneer is already aware of this issue, they say that it is firmware related, butt I am of the opinion that this has mostly to do with the control PCB and not with the firmware that much. (At least for some batches)
Just curious, did you notice any drifting issues or bpm not locking properly while using the 2000s as standalone players (not with Rekordbox or Traktor Scratch Pro and not connected with USB to the PC as controllers)?
I found myself pushing the wheel forward all the time in order to keep the tracks synched for more than 15 seconds and there are many other users who also mentioned this in the pioneer dj forums...
I'm interested to read that as i've always had my doubts about my own 1000s, as well as 1000s i've played on elsewhere. They don't fill me with confidence, in comparison to playing on turntables. You know that feeling you get with 1200s, once you have them pitched, you know full well they aren't going anywhere. CDJs have never given me the same feeling.
I read elsewhere that people were buying cdj400 for this very reason, doing away with a few of the bells and whistles in favour of a simpler, steadier player. I may go down that route myself i think.
I was convinced for sure something wasn't adding up when i recorded a batch of my favourite old vinyls so i could play them on cdjs. Records i've owned and played for years and know inside out, once in the cdj simply don't play as true as the vinyl. Different methods of recording, different bit rates, different encoders, different burners, i've tried all of that over time and the end result is always the same which has led me to think it's the engine of the cdj that is where the wobbles occur.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment