The sound levels are all over the place and I can't fix it with my poor skills...
I need help mastering a mix...
Collapse
X
-
I need help mastering a mix...
It's a live mix from this weekend, 3+ hours long. Pretty much 90 % classic prog from the early 2000s, b2b with Danceteria's Mr A.
The sound levels are all over the place and I can't fix it with my poor skills...Forward thinking house musicTags: None -
Re: I need help mastering a mix...
Have you tried the Normalizer utility? -
Re: I need help mastering a mix...
Looking forward to hearing it when it's ready, really enjoyed the last mix I downloaded from you (one with 'Dancing in Outer Space' at the start)Comment
-
Re: I need help mastering a mix...
I don't understand the problem.
you need compression to the whole mix? have you tried normalizing by RMS (instead of normalize to peak)? that tool works nice on soundforge.
try to RMS level: -16dB. If you want louder, decrease the number, try not to break the sound.It´s a spiritual thing!
feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/currentComment
-
Re: I need help mastering a mix...
Sony Acid Pro is what I have been using for yearsThe Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: I need help mastering a mix...
Cheers, I'll give this a try.Forward thinking house musicComment
-
Re: I need help mastering a mix...
Drop it into any DAW and just manually write the automation track for volume to fix any problems. Even though the music in your set probably isn't super brick-wall limited like just about every track today, it's probably safer to stay away from compressors and limiters. Depending on the gear you were using, some very subtle and broad EQing can help, especially if you were doing it all analogue.Comment
-
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment