If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
1. The Prodigy
2. Daft Punk
3. The Chemical Brothers
4. Faithless
5. Deadmau5
6. Plastikman
7. Underworld
8. Fatboy Slim
9. Orbital
10. Moby
11. Leftfield
12. Kraftwerk
13. Pendulum
14. Depeche Mode
15. Justice
16. Basement Jaxx
17. Groove Armada
18. The Shamen
19. Above & Beyond
20. The KLF
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
Re: Mixmag's greatest dance act of all time revealed
Originally posted by floridaorange
I do feel lucky to have seen Prodigy and The Chemical Bros both live... Prodigy was menacingly good.
The only time I saw any of them was Keith Flint - Racing Prodigy at Mallory Park. He turned up to practice day on a £40K Ducati and became a mobile chicane. I remember going past him like he was in reverse
Re: Mixmag's greatest dance act of all time revealed
For the life of me I have never ever seen the appeal of The Chemical Brothers. Tried to get into their stuff and failed many times. Always remember them clearing the dancefloor of about 15,000 people at Gatecrasher Millennum in Sheffield on Millennium Eve.
Re: Mixmag's greatest dance act of all time revealed
Originally posted by GregWhelan
For the life of me I have never ever seen the appeal of The Chemical Brothers. Tried to get into their stuff and failed many times. Always remember them clearing the dancefloor of about 15,000 people at Gatecrasher Millennum in Sheffield on Millennium Eve.
Fuck me Greg me and you shared a lot of the same dance floors. I know what you mean about the Chem's though, most of the tracks i liked by them where the less famous ones
Re: Mixmag's greatest dance act of all time revealed
Yah the Chem Bro's aren't very popular here on MS... I never bought their cd's or listened to them outside of festivals, but I enjoyed them in around 2004 at Coachella very much.
Re: Mixmag's greatest dance act of all time revealed
Wish I could agree with you guys but I've been to a couple of Chem shows and I thought they were some of the best acts. It was around the mid to late 90's and I remember dancin around the front row... the music was so damn loud it felt like my heart was going to vibrate out of my chest.
Re: Mixmag's greatest dance act of all time revealed
Originally posted by chunky
Fuck me Greg me and you shared a lot of the same dance floors. I know what you mean about the Chem's though, most of the tracks i liked by them where the less famous ones
Ha ha, overall that was a great night though wasnt it chunky? Wasnt Oakenfold on before midnight and started with the BT mix of Grace-Not Over Yet? And Sasha on before or after him, but still before midnight?
Think the Chems had the 10pm - midnight slot and everyone thought that was the best time to get a fag/drink/food. Hence about 15,000 people left a tent with 25,000 originally in it.
Re: Mixmag's greatest dance act of all time revealed
Top three is right in my book, Prodigy get it for getting 50,000 people to sit down in the break of 'smack my bitch up', was amazing.
As is Daft Punk, them crazy french robots, anyone who has seen them live knows how good there shows are!
______________________________________________
The world was a mess but his hair was perfect
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment