Newegg.com - BUFFALO DriveStation 12TB USB 3.0 Quad USB 3.0 RAID Hard Drive Array HD-QL12TU3R5
For folks with Media Servers at home
Collapse
X
-
For folks with Media Servers at home
This is an absolute dream. Best bang for the buck in terms of $ / GB
Newegg.com - BUFFALO DriveStation 12TB USB 3.0 Quad USB 3.0 RAID Hard Drive Array HD-QL12TU3R5www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meTags: None -
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
Has anyone jailbroken their Apple TV? It is only 99$ and it would be a fun toy project if I could properly jailbreak it, but only if it will support playing 1080p x264 encoded mkv files.
This looks like a good resource for jailbreaking apple tv's but I haven't read much of it yet: AwkwardTVComment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
A buddy of mine who has it has been considering it and (combined with my latest iPod touch addiction) I am seriously considering buying it to fool/jailbreak it. But my last jailbreak experience on the iphone 4 has been less than beneficial. The phone slowed down immensely over 6 months and started behaving like early beta versions of Android Gingerbread in terms of smoothness and stability. So even if I do get the Apple TV, I'm undecided whether I'll go down the jailbreaking route. The WD-TV looks like a worthy contender though.Last edited by Kamal; October 26, 2012, 12:43:58 PM.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
any mainstream Tivo can upload movies/videos directly from your computer using wireless. I have a mac and use pyTivoX to upload video's to my tivo in the background. Usually HD mkv files take longer because of the size but once started, normally you can start playing them instantaneously from the tivo box while it is uploading wirelessly. and if you get one of those tivoHD boxes with the huge hard drive, you can keep it on there for as long as you wish in most cases. i am the kind of person that uploads something once, watches it then deletes it so TB of storage really isnt needed in my case.
but i must say, jailbreaking an applytv does sound like fun
although from what i am reading, this can only be done with appletv v1 & 2, ie: no working break for the current model.
"pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
I can't wait to jailbreak my Apple TV 3. My friend's Apple TV 2 plays MKV but he says the hardware (?) only supports 720p.Has anyone jailbroken their Apple TV? It is only 99$ and it would be a fun toy project if I could properly jailbreak it, but only if it will support playing 1080p x264 encoded mkv files.
This looks like a good resource for jailbreaking apple tv's but I haven't read much of it yet: AwkwardTV
Even converting a 1gb 720p mkv to mp4 in Handbrake takes 1hr, way too long.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
Imagine what folks with a massive collection of untouched bluray rips would be up against.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
Yeah converting any of that crap takes too long. Plus converting stuff around just degrades the quality anyway. I'd rather have something that supports as many formats as possibly. So xbmc type stuff based on vlc/mplayer it is. Sadly anything Apple only likes to support their Quicktime shit format and a few other things, which doesn't work for me.Comment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
WD TV Live. I am very close to taking the plunge with it.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
I've seen those before it actually looks pretty bad ass. It supports a ton of streaming sites plus tons of file formats: List of compatible media file types for all WD TV and WD Elements Play Products
I'd love to play with one and see if it can decode everything. My problem is I serve my files up via NFS since I'm all linux based. I bet this doesn't support mounting NFS dirsComment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
My only hitch in considering it is that I need a Gigabit Connection, which the Live doesn't have (The WD TV Live "Hub" does) and so playing large files could be a major hiccup for me.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: For folks with Media Servers at home
Is it compressed 1080p or Uncompressed? As in untouched Bluray rip?www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment