If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Hey guys, I'm interested in starting to DJ as a hobby. I love collecting and listening to music so I figure I would love to try out DJing. For now, I'm just planning on bedroom DJing, though maybe in the future I may consider DJing for small parties, etc. My budget is around $1000, though if that's too little for quality gear I might increase my budget or wait for more money.
Right now I'm looking at a setup of 2x Pioneer CDJ-350 and a Denon DN-X120 mixer. Are these equipment alright for a beginner DJ? I'm trying to stay away from controllers because my laptop sucks, and I figure buying a new laptop to use with a controller will be more expensive.
I plan on playing mainly electronic music (house, trance, techno, etc), so I probably won't be doing any scratching or using many effects.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment