If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Digweed seems to be doing well releasing these live set cds. I cant even count how many he has released so far....
My question is why aren't any other djs who we love coming out with similar live set releases??
for example I would be very interested to buy and hear:
Hernan Cattaneo - Live in
Hernan and Nick Warren B2B - LIve in
Hernan and Guy J B2B - LIve in
Martin Garcia - Live in Argentina LOL.
Lee Burridge - Live in
Because most people don't buy them anymore. Most DJ's post a few live sets a year, without the hassle of licensing tracks and distribution etc. The Cd market is dead.
Because most people don't buy them anymore. Most DJ's post a few live sets a year, without the hassle of licensing tracks and distribution etc. The Cd market is dead.
You are probably right but looks like at least for Digweed that format still works?
It would be awesome if other big names come out with that but i can see why they dont... Such a pitty.
i have said this before.. this series are the only CD's i buy anymore. it's all about the packaging IMO.. right when i receive them, i burn them to my computer for mobile use and store the physical copies.
There is also the issue that they really can't ever really sound as good as they do in a great club.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
Agree with the original post - would be interested if other DJ's released sets in a similar format. For me, I just prefer the CD format. The tracks are split (so it isn't just one long file), the packaging is very good, they are something tangible that I can come back to.
Really doubt Digweed's making any money out of those either considering how cheap they are moneywise, I think he just uses them as promotional tools too. Love them anyway, always a few days of eager anticipation before one drops. Much more so than if he'd just slap a live mix on Soundcloud.
I buy CDs, and I really like his editions. The boxes are nice and well done, so that adds a lot compared to a regular cd.
I donīt know if it is a great business to him. I bought live in brooklyn for 13 pounds at a record store, and any other single cds were10-12 pounds
i have said this before.. this series are the only CD's i buy anymore. it's all about the packaging IMO.. right when i receive them, i burn them to my computer for mobile use and store the physical copies.
For the cost of the CD's you can get them all on google music without the hassle uploading, plus a bajillion other songs.
It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment