If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Taylor Bratches is a DJ, producer and writer based in New York. She curates the mix series Walking and Falling, an appendage of the Chicago-based DJ mentorship program for female and non-binary artists. As a lifelong poet and dancer, her relationship to rhythm is intimate and ever-evolving. Heavily influenced by artists like Erika, Patrick Russell, Eris Drew, Sassmouth, Abby Echiverri and Derek Plaslaiko, her sets aim to fuse genres and to move people physically and spiritually, creating an experience that is both terrestrial and extraterrestrial. She has an upcoming release on Enmossed and writes for Resident Advisor.artist statement: "This mix features selected tracks from Skee Mask, Somatic Responses, Objekt, Sam KDC, Yaleesa Hall, revlux, Alonzo, and others. It was made in ecstatic joy - I was jumping up and down and dancing in front of my CDJs while mixing. I improvised it in one take and lead with my intuition. Then I listened to it back and started to wonder: is it too intense? Too challenging? Too weird/psychotic? Too psychedelic? Too imperfect? Too emotional? Too dance-oriented? Too hybrid? Then I realized: this describes exactly who I am. So this mix not only represents what I'm drawn to currently, but me on some fundamental level." - Taylor Bratches
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.