If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Resolving poverty issues would definitely help though. But people have said that for 100 years in many countries and it aint gonna happen anytime soon (besides sweden and denmark!)
....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
because sweeden and denmark have utterly insane immigrationn procedures and dont allow people in who would normally be considered poverty in the US or similar areas. to immigrate to sweeden, aussie, etc, you need to prove you can make it, by showing a trade, etc. and lets be frank, there population of immigration as opposed to what is considered "native" is disproportionally lower.
is this a sign? maybe we need to tighten up how we raise our kids,(YES< go back to the old school), punish our criminals? i think. this shit wasnt nearly going on at the rate it is 50, 60 years ago.
holy shit, i sound like my grandfather. we let these fucking rats get away with so much, and now look....
your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
I'll tell you what, that is a staggering statistic.
As an aside, I just wrapped up a case where I was appointed by the Court (i.e., I didn't chose this case myself) to represent a prisoner in a civil rights action. He's serving time in a maximum security facility in southern Illinois, so I've spent a fair amount of time there. Wow is that a fucked up place to be. Spend some time in a place like that, and you come out a changed person, I guarantee you -- and not changed for the better. It's an entirely different world, where you can expect to be jumped, raped, beaten, etc. on a day-to-day basis.
To think that 1 in a 100 people is in that kind of environment is really scary. I realize not everyone is in a max security facility, but still...
Jail doesn't rehabilitate the individual.. we need to rethink the punishment system we have here.. The stats are crazy too for people who have been to jail they usually return..
I understand that I have a reputation as a bit of a liberal on this board, so I wanted to make sure people didn't think I viewed prison as a bang-up way to turn one's life around. That place was like Oz, no messing around...
Jail doesn't rehabilitate the individual.. we need to rethink the punishment system we have here.. The stats are crazy too for people who have been to jail they usually return..
we need to stop rehabbing them and punish them severly. maybe the potential of being in a prison like abu gharib before the USA arrived will be more incentive to stop crime before it happens.
sadly, IMO, hammurabi's code was the single most effective crime deterrent ever.
and all pre-meditated murder shuold be met with a bullet to the head, bnot a taxpayer bill of 166K per person, per year.
if your dad told you that the cops would take a knife to your fingers, would have stolen that candy? probably not, and if you did, and got caught im confident you wouldnt do it agian.
your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
we need to stop rehabbing them and punish them severly. maybe the potential of being in a prison like abu gharib before the USA arrived will be more incentive to stop crime before it happens.
sadly, IMO, hammurabi's code was the single most effective crime deterrent ever.
and all pre-meditated murder shuold be met with a bullet to the head, bnot a taxpayer bill of 166K per person, per year.
if your dad told you that the cops would take a knife to your fingers, would have stolen that candy? probably not, and if you did, and got caught im confident you wouldnt do it agian.
the thing is we aren't rehabing them at all.. just throwing them in a cell like a rat.. I agree about pre-meditated murder though.. it should be quick and easy for those bastards but only if the proof is there.. I have heard a lot of stories about guys on death row getting off now because of DNA testing..
People would still steal if they are hungry no matter what the punishment is. It is a sad day when 1% of the pop. (In the USA) is in jail.. soon it will be 2% and then 5% especially now that they are privatizing the jail system.. Once you turn it into a business all that matters is making money which in turn means more bodies in jail is better for business.. its like cops now.. once they were given a quota of tickets that they had to give out it wasn't about serving and protecting anymore.. it was about money..
I'm hung over writing this so if it doesn't make sense then you know why...
teach 'em while young...1st 5 years of a child's life ultimately shape a huge amount of their thought processes...
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
So came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by Illuminate
Let me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment