So far I have one major complaint though - as soon as I open the site in IE/Frfx my CPU utilization shoots up to 100%, which bothers me. My machine is not top-of-the-line gaming machine, I could use a new one, but I think the Beatport site designers either overused the Flash code or the code/design was not properly constructed. I have seen sites with similar amount of Flash which perform much better and faster than Beatport 2.0. Anyone else with the same problem? :?
Beatport 2.0
Collapse
X
-
Beatport 2.0
Beatport 2.0 has just been launched. It looks damn good I should say.
So far I have one major complaint though - as soon as I open the site in IE/Frfx my CPU utilization shoots up to 100%, which bothers me. My machine is not top-of-the-line gaming machine, I could use a new one, but I think the Beatport site designers either overused the Flash code or the code/design was not properly constructed. I have seen sites with similar amount of Flash which perform much better and faster than Beatport 2.0. Anyone else with the same problem? :?Tags: None -
-
@cmd: I opened the site in Firefox. My CPU usage stays normal. It must be sth at your end.
@nubreed000: www.beatport.comComment
-
well, I tried on another pc, an old one, still 100%.Originally posted by quatzacoalt@cmd: I opened the site in Firefox. My CPU usage stays normal. It must be sth at your end.
quatzacoalt, what's your system ? I am running athlon xp @ 1.67, 512 Ram - I think this should be enough to handle a decent flash site, i don't know...Comment
-
agreed, the old one felt easier to navigate. Honestly, I don't care for the interface, as long as there are search, play, buy and download buttons! No need to make it all flashy and so breathtaking. Interfaces like www.atsdigital.com are good enough for me.Originally posted by Garrickit's alright. i am still used to the other one... much easier to navigate.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,509
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment