X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJ
    Here since 2002
    • Jun 2004

Earth quakes

After last night episode I have a lot more sympathy with you folks that regularly experience earth quakes. Living in the UK means we don't get anywhere near the scale you chaps do, we have tremours but you never even feel them most of the time. But last night was different, for three seconds I thought life was ending as we know it, I have never been so scared in all my life. I initailly thought it was the wind but when I looked outside all was still, then I thought we were being burgled by, well fuck knows who, everything just flashed through your mind so quickly.

Admitedly it was only a 5.2 and I know thats naff all compared to what we see all over the world but we are talking about Hudderfield, West Yorshire in England here, that shit just don't happen here. The closest we get to the earth moving is when Brenda (The local fish and chip shop owner) does here morning excersise in on her front lawn.

Anyway, all is well, I had some garden furniture fall over and at most someone's chimney pot collapsed so we can count ourselves lucky I should think.
    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum
  • miketpoto
    Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
    • Jan 2005

Re: Earth quakes

I read about your earthquake on the tv in the elevator at work

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

the only time i was ever in LA there was a 6.9 and a 5.4...needless to say i haven't had a strong urge to go back.

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

My bed started shaking around 1.00 a.m. - thought there had been an explosion !
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Read about this morning never realized
          there were quakes in the UK.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

...And there was a quake in Iran. Quakes everywhere.
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Homskillet
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

We've definitely had our share of quakes here in Cali... I vividly remember what I was thinking, doing, and where I was at during the 7.1 1989 quake.

However, I'll deal with a quake any day over some of the tornados I've seen in central/eastern U.S.
              https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• fumanchu182
                Angantyr The Ruthless
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Homskillet
                We've definitely had our share of quakes here in Cali... I vividly remember what I was thinking, doing, and where I was at during the 7.1 1989 quake.

However, I'll deal with a quake any day over some of the tornados I've seen in central/eastern U.S.
                When I went to Chi town one year I was staying in Wilmington and one touched down near my family's house. I had to throw out that pair of underwear. A force to be reckoned with.
                The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

glad you're ok over there Musical Journey. when i heard about the quakes in england i immediate became concerned for you and my other mate a few kilometers down the strip from you.

btw, Pics of damage or STFU!

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

^^there is no damage...ffs, I didn't feel shit. LOL maybe i was too stoned...I don't know I got up this afternoon and everyone is talking about this earthquake. I thought it was like Scotland or something till someone told me. I don't know...
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Lrn
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jan 2005

yea i was in oakland when the 1989 quake hit was in 5th grade, i fell off my bed

shit went down that week

Comment

• Jibgolly
                        Vortexuralizor
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shpira
                        ^^there is no damage...ffs, I didn't feel shit.
                        lmao

you say that like i have some sort of understanding of the geographic layout of your tiny buttfucked country. i have friends over there that mean more to me that your mothers son, so pardon me for not knowing where you park your bicycle. i'm just glad my friends weren't affected but trust me if your bike rack had been rumbled i'd be the first person to disregard your emergency message.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                          Not cool enough
                          • Jun 2004

damn i am just hearing about this...gotta hit up google.
                          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• mtguru
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Homskillet

I totally agree with you on that one.
                            All because a quake is the low 5.something doesn't mean that it won't case damage.
                            We had a 5.4 6 years ago that cause 50 million dollars with of damage. Anyone that had chimney didn't have one any more.
                            To err is human... To correct it before anyone notices is genius.

Comment

• anathema
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Feb 2008

my bed start to shake at 1:20 pm

Comment

Working...