Infusion - All Night Sun Light

01. 2 Player Game **Ghey
    02. Memory Cheats ***Ghey
    03. Try It On *Borderline
    04. Gotta Leave Now **Ghey
    05. Falling Into Place *Palatable pop
    06. So Soon *Tiny hint of Infusion
    07. Justified **Indie Pop Ghey
    08. Dogtown ***A bit more of the Infusion of old, but still ball-less.
    09. Head Over Heels **Ghey
    10. All That's In Your Head *Palatable Pop
    11. Horizons ****Possibly the best track on the album only cos I need to redeem Infusion

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • pudrus
    Getting Somewhere
    • Aug 2004

Re: Infusion - All Night Sun Light

Really disappointed ....

I personally think it's a classic book example of a "sellout"

nothing to do with their previous work... waaaay to pop. I can see that in the charts of mainstream radios...

what a waste, was hopping for a real deal full on comeback.
    But no.

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

nothing like selling out to have a pension fund!

cant blame them honestly!

Comment

• ger stokes
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

It's no substitute for infusion of old or not a patch on the last 2 albums.

But i think track 10. All That's In Your Head is class.

Lets hope this album dies on its arse and the lads come back to what they do best, rocking the shit out of it.
        https://hearthis.at/gerstokes/

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

I think the guys wanted to move in a new direction, unfortunately it's a different direction to what a lot of us would like. I saving my thoughts until I've been to the album launch night.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Weizy
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
            01. 2 Player Game **Ghey
            11. Horizons ****Possibly the best track on the album only cos I need to redeem Infusion
            That bad huh? What a shame

Comment

• pudrus
              Getting Somewhere
              • Aug 2004

Yeah, the direction of the bling bling....
              Im sorry to be honest... The are really really good.. pero hey, cant blame them, they are musicians and if the want to live from their art I guess they have to move into a more pop - radioesque US style...

to bad for us to be honest... cant see them playing girls can be cruel after some of the new tracks thought...

:S

Comment

• supaz
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

I saw these guys in Chicago a few years ago and they ripped the fuckin roof off. It really sucks they're going down this road...next thing they'll prob start scoring soundtracks to movies and commercials.

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

What I don't get is why they didn't produce this under a different moniker, as a side project. Heaps of EDM producers produce a huge range of sounds under different names. So now they've effectively commited suicide on the Infusion brand and sound, confuse their longtime fans, and the newbies wouldn't know wtf Infusion is/was anyway.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
                    Addiction started
                    • Oct 2006

Hmmmm... this is a lil sad to read. I'm a big fan of their old stuff and i have not really kept up with what they have been doin over the last year or so..

I will reserve my opinion on the album til i hear it but these reviews are not to promising..

Different isn't always bad... i hope that that's the case... That they have changed their sound but its still good.. please let that be the case.. pleaasseeeee

What I don't get is why they didn't produce this under a different moniker, as a side project. Heaps of EDM producers produce a huge range of sounds under different names.
                    That would of been a good idea i think..
                    "Nobody ever bought a cd because it had a good signal to noise ratio" - 'David Moulton'

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

gotta keep a roof over your head and food on the table!

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
                        Addiction started
                        • Oct 2006

01. 2 Player Game **Ghey
                        AGREED!!!... After a once over listen i'm inclined to think that you were too nice in your review... Most tracks were **que vomit sound here** yuck!

They do have to make money thou.. I dont condone selling out but each to their own. It's not my family who needs to eat its theirs.. so i cant judge... I can however judge the album and its a piss weak excuse for an Infusion album..
                        "Nobody ever bought a cd because it had a good signal to noise ratio" - 'David Moulton'

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

I think a lot of dj's might be trying to get back to basics right now and capitalize on the essence of why 18-25 yr olds go to clubs or buy cd's...

I mean, unless you're on top of the house music charts and/or continually innovative, you can't really afford to "keep it real," you have to give the market what they want...I doubt any of us are going to clubs 3 nights a week, or even every weekend anymore, but there was a time. We are not their target market.

The game has officially changed...and believe me, I was as shocked as the next 29 year old when I heard the sh*t Sander Kleinenberg was mixing at a club recently...very very odd sing along style...Candy House is what it was, I guess.

And btw, this is why the same 5 - 10 dj's constantly get brought up on MS, because they are the only dj's that can afford (have the market identity and customer loyalty) to give the veteran house head what they want to hear.

Last edited by floridaorange; July 10, 2009, 07:05:08 AM.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

They are not "selling out" because they are doing music we don't like But I know it is really hard when djs you have loved do music you don't like
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

I think this is quite a clear case of 'sell out.'

Comment

Working...